Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Which is exactly why I split my direct deposit so 10% goes into my SoFi acct and the other 90 goes to my main acct
I kinda did that with Chase so I could keep checking free with them. I put my rent money into my Chase Checking which they count as a direct deposit and my rent autopays from that checking account. As long as you have over $500 in monthly deposits it's free.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Value stocks would be the move here.

What surprises me is a stock like Square being back to the low 100's. If it's not TSLA I won't be fukking with expensive stocks. ATER is where I'm placing my faith.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Unusual Whales posted a massive put order for $SPY at $398 last week. It almost feels inevitable now, but I’m hoping that area represents the bottom.

But nobody knows the bottom so fukk all the speculation :francis:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
you know it's all bad when the growth and/or spec stocks are up close to 10% in a day for no reason at all:francis:

teladoc, fubo, draftkings, open, voyager, roku

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
People just not built for this. That's really what it all comes down to. If you want to grow your money you gonna have to weather the storm.
This is true is theory but we in some unpreceded times right now on all fronts. You've even said numerous times it might take years for you to get most of your gains back. That doesn't really count as making your money grow when you first have to recoup your losses to get back to the break even point

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I mean some of you guys had to expect this was coming right? I got rid of most of my TSLA over 1000 and am only really bag holding on WISH.

When all rational signs point to stocks should be going down for two years, but they’ve only gone up, that’s a huge clue.

With the pandemic flash crash you saw companies earnings destroyed in a way that was black swan worthy. For the stocks to recover before the companies even opened fully, then post monster earnings QoQ was a classic bait and switch. Look for good companies that have taken a beating already and invest in those IMO.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I mean some of you guys had to expect this was coming right? I got rid of most of my TSLA over 1000 and am only really bag holding on WISH.

When all rational signs point to stocks should be going down for two years, but they’ve only gone up, that’s a huge clue.

With the pandemic flash crash you saw companies earnings destroyed in a way that was black swan worthy. For the stocks to recover before the companies even opened fully, then post monster earnings QoQ was a classic bait and switch. Look for good companies that have taken a beating already and invest in those IMO.
I've actually low key starting buying shyt that I think will be around in the next 5 years.

Idk about timing the bottom though, but I think we got a long way to drop. Especially as panic induces in the market and a looming recession.

Just make sure everyone has savings, isnt on margin in case you get laid off