Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Unless there is a sign of reversal the claim is the next support level in in the $300s.

wouldn't surprise me if it gets there. i see next support at $480 then ~$350 if it loses $480. i'll be loading up at that price for sure if it gets there.

Whats so funny. IMO its far more controllable to increase my income that way than this in the near future.

depends on your time frame. some of these stocks will recover and recover strong. PYPL, NFLX, FB, etc. will eventually make you 50% or more on your investment if you just buy and hold right now. it might take a couple of years or longer but you have to give these companies time to cook.

moments like this is when you make money. think about the covid crash and those who panicked and sold out vs those who bought the dip. you'll be rewarded if you're patient.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Buy rumor, sell news (on oil)?

Or you saying everything will drop?

My oil stocks have been treating me well over the past year, I'm still buying. Two of my oil stocks gave me a +90% return, so even if there is an oil crash I will still be fine.

Every stock is going to take a dip at some point.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
wouldn't surprise me if it gets there. i see next support at $480 then ~$350 if it loses $480. i'll be loading up at that price for sure if it gets there.

depends on your time frame. some of these stocks will recover and recover strong. PYPL, NFLX, FB, etc. will eventually make you 50% or more on your investment if you just buy and hold right now. it might take a couple of years or longer but you have to give these companies time to cook.

moments like this is when you make money. think about the covid crash and those who panicked and sold out vs those who bought the dip. you'll be rewarded if you're patient.

I want to buy msft here, but have no idea how low it goes. 280 was posed to be huge support for it.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Whats so funny. IMO its far more controllable to increase my income that way than this in the near future.

Nothing wrong with keeping cash on the sidelines, assuming you aren’t selling massive losses.

If you’re gonna be sitting on cash, I’d recommend looking into Voyager and lumping money into USDC. Voyager offers interest, and USD gets a 9% APY, and it pays interest monthly. I put around 5k in there a few months ago, quick $40 in interest each month.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm cash rest of the year. If I want more money I'll I'll just try to land a promotion at my job. far less stressful and random than this shythead market.
You not built for this then. This is when people make money. You take the funds you don't need short term and purchase good companies. Im looking at FB like even with its headwinds people are being irrational letting it go so low.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Nothing wrong with keeping cash on the sidelines, assuming you aren’t selling massive losses.

If you’re gonna be sitting on cash, I’d recommend looking into Voyager and lumping money into USDC. Voyager offers interest, and USD gets a 9% APY, and it pays interest monthly. I put around 5k in there a few months ago, quick $40 in interest each month.

I mean I'm really just irritated and venting. I'll most likely keep 10k fiat as usual and get in some blue chips on the low, but I need to see the teeniest bit of strength from any fukking thing now. I know you can't time a bottom but shyt just keeps dropping.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
I mean I'm really just irritated and venting. I'll most likely keep 10k fiat as usual and get in some blue chips on the low, but I need to see the teeniest bit of strength from any fukking thing now. I know you can't time a bottom but shyt just keeps dropping.

Feel you. I said a few weeks back that I’d only be buying blue chips like AAPL, MSFT, KO and those are hurting right now too. Potential world war isn’t something the market is used to.

But either way, I’m still keeping and adding to that Voyager account, like @princeofhaiti said inflation is at an all-time high. 9% APY is a safer way to at least keep up w/ inflation and then some.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Commodity prices high + Return to work in person + high inflation (higher incomes however not enough to overcompensate) + higher cost of debt + lacking capital markets = anything discretionary :patrice: