Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just saw the price of CLOV, gotta say some of the people and channels complaining about cathie sure seem quiet about Chamath. All his shyt is garbage yet he was getting praised in 2020 and half of 21 yet I don’t see the same energy about him and the shyt he sold the public. Could it be sexism :jbhmm:

And before someone pulls up an article or two, CNBC dedicates full segments to shytting on cathie and y’all got pages in here shytting on her and no where near the same # of mentions on him

*hops off soap box*
*realizes inflation made soapboxes now cost money*
*won’t ever soapbox again*

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just saw the price of CLOV, gotta say some of the people and channels complaining about cathie sure seem quiet about Chamath. All his shyt is garbage yet he was getting praised in 2020 and half of 21 yet I don’t see the same energy about him and the shyt he sold the public. Could it be sexism :jbhmm:

And before someone pulls up an article or two, CNBC dedicates full segments to shytting on cathie and y’all got pages in here shytting on her and no where near the same # of mentions on him

*hops off soap box*
*realizes inflection made soapboxes now cost money*
I started calling him out about a year ago with all that Gamestop stuff
Chamath is one of the rare seemingly good billionaires. A big part of it is, that he grew up poor and in Canada. He knows struggle and is trying to help.

I pointed out Cathie liked Fox News on her fb page a while back. This doesn’t surprise me.
He helped design the aspects of Facebook that are ruining our society. He isn’t totally clean either.
GameStop mania may not have been the retail trader rebellion it was perceived to be, data shows
Looking back on it what Chamath, Elon, and Marc Cuban did was disgusting. Now that the autopsy is being done they're discovering much of the Gamestop situation was Wall Street vs Wall Street even if retail kicked it off and when Wall Street pulled out the whole thing collapsed leaving retail holding the bag.

All three of those guys inserted themselves into the situation got s pop from it and dipped the fukk out. Them using their social capital into that situation helped boost it to retail. Hell Chamath was in and out in a day and used the proceeds for charity. It was play money to him and was a great photo op to boost his profile with millennials and younger people.

Some of these celebs aren't the saints they're portrayed as. They're totally opportunist who take advantage of whatever situation they can for their gain. Go back and look at WSB and those kids were citing each of those guys as heroes. Truth be told had the three of them stayed out of this it would have been better for all of the WSB crowd.
Chamath dont owe these cacs shyt
He doesn't but he owes his investors who bought into that company a better more direct explanation than a controlled tweet that says he had a hard week.

Closing your entire personal position of a SPAC you brought to the market on a down week isn't a good look. He's getting ate alive online for it and that move cost his investors money.

I could see if he nibbled off multiple investments but this isn't the first time he's sold SPCE. It's not even that he sold it at the highs either. Seemed to be fine holding it when it was $60 going up but bad news hits and he looks like he bailed.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

*hops off soap box*

That guy became scummy to me once he unloaded spce. I started seeing him for what he was and that's a snake oil salesman. Twitter has been shytting on him worst than Cathie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

i don't believe so.. she just had more hype than him. She was a real growth and "of the people" darling. He was big in the game but she's more recognizable to the casual person and thus receives more criticism.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tried to transfer my brokerage account from chase to sofi and it failed. Has anybody tried to transfer a brokerage account from one bank to another? I just wanna know if it's complicated to do online in general or if it's a chase thing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tried to transfer my brokerage account from chase to sofi and it failed. Has anybody tried to transfer a brokerage account from one bank to another? I just wanna know if it's complicated to do online in general or if it's a chase thing
You tried to directly transfer from one brokerage account to another? I've never done that. I always move money from a bank to a brokerage account.

Example:
If I want to move dividend payments from Fidelity to M1 I use my SoFi checking to move the amount into my M1 then pull the money from Fidelity and put it into the SoFi account to replace it.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You tried to directly transfer from one brokerage account to another? I've never done that. I always move money from a bank to a brokerage account.

Example:
If I want to move dividend payments from Fidelity to M1 I use my SoFi checking to move the amount into my M1 then pull the money from Fidelity and put it into the SoFi account to replace it.

Yeah one brokerage account to another. I just didn't feel like liquidating and moving the cash over and repurchasing the shares

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah one brokerage account to another. I just didn't feel like liquidating and moving the cash over and repurchasing the shares
If you're moving shares doing a transfer is better than selling and repurchasing. If you bought those at a higher cost basis that would be a wash sell unless you wait 30 days between the transactions.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

*hops off soap box*
Isn't he getting sued?

Cathie got shyt on, but I don't think anyone actual filed a lawsuit on her like Chamath
:picard: