Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Feel you. I said a few weeks back that I’d only be buying blue chips like AAPL, MSFT, KO and those are hurting right now too. Potential world war isn’t something the market is used to.

But either way, I’m still keeping and adding to that Voyager account, like @princeofhaiti said inflation is at an all-time high. 9% APY is a safer way to at least keep up w/ inflation and then some.
voyager is very good idea if you can get 9% APY, ill have to look into them. so if inflation is hovering around 7%, at least you are +2% in regards to fiat currency.
i think the correct practice is to have cash on the sidelines while getting a good APY for your dollar so that you dont lose value. I used to keep a stupid amount of cash in ALLY BAnk when they were offering close to 2%APY but now they offer next to nothing. I watched andrew jikh yesterday on youtube and all market sectors (crypto, s&p500, nasdaq etc) this year are down 10%+ plus year to date so there really isnt a safe place to put your money for the short term. Might as well look into alternative forms of good APY platforms so that your dollar doesnt diminish in value

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
voyager is very good idea if you can get 9% APY, ill have to look into them. so if inflation is hovering around 7%, at least you are +2% in regards to fiat currency.
i think the correct practice is to have cash on the sidelines while getting a good APY for your dollar so that you dont lose value. I used to keep a stupid amount of cash in ALLY BAnk when they were offering close to 2%APY but now they offer next to nothing. I watched andrew jikh yesterday on youtube and all market sectors (crypto, s&p500, nasdaq etc) this year are down 10%+ plus year to date so there really isnt a safe place to put your money for the short term. Might as well look into alternative forms of good APY platforms so that your dollar doesnt diminish in value

Look into Voyager, I’m tellin you, 9% on USDC. And it’s a flat 1.000, no movement. Truly just a store of USD, and you get 9% APY. They offer interest rates of 3-6% on diff cryptos, but the 9% APY on USD is the real steal to me.

I used to dump mine in Ally as well back when it was 2%. Now it’s like .5% and I just use the account as a Vacation Savings account.

I also got a SoFi account for shyts and gigs and to play with their tools. They offer 1% on savings, and also do 1% on checking if you do direct deposit w/ them.

EDIT : And if anyone DOES try Voyager for that 9% APY, use this referral code :lolbron:

D17B0B