Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s hard to bet against a company that has 60 billion on the balance sheet
Buying Facebook at this point is going all in on the Metaverse. You shouldn't look at the balance sheet and feel they're ok because it's good. You need to be cool with the new direction of the company.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
FB is now around pre-covid price and is making more money now than ever. i think they're at a good value and i trust management to find a way to continue to grow their revenue until the metaverse start generating money for them. if they continue to grow 12%-15% a year instead of 20% that's still good.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
FB is now around pre-covid price and is making more money now than ever. i think they're at a good value and i trust management to find a way to continue to grow their revenue until the metaverse start generating money for them. if they continue to grow 12%-15% a year instead of 20% that's still good.
Facebook primarily makes profits one way using the social networking to sell advertising. If they're fighting for attention with TikTok and Apple is blocking their tracking its a difficult proposition. Outside of MySpace what social media network has Facebook ever really had to beat out? I'm not saying it's impossible but looks rough. Still haven't sold but not ruling it out either. I think Google may be better as an advertising company and they aren't dependent on other companies like Facebook is with both Apple and Google.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_o98ggb1zwe1t30xsso1_500.gifv

Today's market got me feeling like Puff banging bottles together

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@chineebai Russell 2000 leading the way again. Now CNBC starting to catch up, I saw this forming 2/3 weeks ago :sas2:

While they were selling fear, they were loading up at the bottom...

CGC up 17% today
Tilray up 9%
GRWG up 8%
MAPS up 7%
Doesn't CPI come out tomorrow? Inflation priced in?

Also, my friend said that Russia won't do shyt until after the Olympics

I hate trying to time the market but shyt... last year was rough @Da_Eggman

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@chineebai Russell 2000 leading the way again. Now CNBC starting to catch up, I saw this forming 2/3 weeks ago :sas2:

While they were selling fear, they were loading up at the bottom...

CGC up 17% today
Tilray up 9%
GRWG up 8%
MAPS up 7%

Very astute observation. CNBC is always late. It's actually a good contrarian indicator. Currently markets are still in chop. A lot of people think we hit a double bottom but I dont think it's that easy to negate.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Facebook primarily makes profits one way using the social networking to sell advertising. If they're fighting for attention with TikTok and Apple is blocking their tracking its a difficult proposition. Outside of MySpace what social media network has Facebook ever really had to beat out? I'm not saying it's impossible but looks rough. Still haven't sold but not ruling it out either. I think Google may be better as an advertising company and they aren't dependent on other companies like Facebook is with both Apple and Google.

mark is a smart guy and i trust he'll make sure facebook continue to grow. it might take a couple of quarters but i think they'll right the ship.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
What are some ways to just have the market work as a savings account with interest...

Figured I put $1k into the market in various stocks and etf and I'd e happy with atleast 1300 at the end of the year though ideally I'd want to gain more.

Is what I'm asking possible?

I'm less than 10 share in aapl but plan to get more and I'm in a semiconductor etf.

Been eyeing some ETF too.

:feedme:
30% isnt possible but betterment uses this as a strategy for its safety net goal which is basically an emergency fund/saving. The split is 70% bonds and 30% stocks