Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
the beatdown FB is going through is starting to get out of hand. it's at strong support now and at pre-covid levels so it'll be interesting to see what happens here. i'll be a buyer once it starts to trade sideway.

was looking at PYPL charts and didn't realize they have a gap at $90. wouldn't surprise me if they fill it.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
PTON has been a dog stock but there might be life in it with the new CEO coming onboard. there's a gap around $80 and i believe most, if not all gaps, get filled. i need this because my average is $90:mjlol::mjcry:

Someone explain why this trades like tech/growth stock?

only thing i can think of is they have a low number of shares outstanding so it doesn't take much volume to move the stock.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Stock market investing used to be fun. It used to be enjoyable. I agree with Financial Education on one of his last videos. We've been getting beaten down for a while now on these growth stocks and a lot of the retail crowd have never been actively investing through a time like this.

I started my investing career in Jan 2019 and I \'ve never seen anything like this. Most of my investing career you could pick any stock and as long as it was a half decent company it was going up gradually over time. These days most days are down and I'm almost out of the gains a made over the last few years. It could get depressing seeing your holdings down day after day.

At the point we're at now you need to be more selective about the companies you pick and even then you could get blasted. That's why we got people like Meet Kevin and Tom Nash talking about doing stupid shyt like timing the market. They're doing this because this drought of success is going on for so long and people's accounts are shrinking so they're getting desperate to do anything possible to generate traction. Everybody knows not to try and time the market, it's one of the golden rules yet people that know better are discussing it.
I may go back to old winb83 Boomer dividend stocks

:mjlol: Where's @Doomsday been? :mjlol:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Russell 2000 is currently a pretty decent indicator of how spy and qqq will do. It lead the downward spiral, leading the upward move also. Usually not the case. Not much to make of it, just another pattern to pay attention to in how big boys react to these moves.

Quoted for emphasis. 1000% agree.