Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Doesn't CPI come out tomorrow? Inflation priced in?

Also, my friend said that Russia won't do shyt until after the Olympics

I hate trying to time the market but shyt... last year was rough @Da_Eggman

Yes, CPI comes tomorrow and I'm betting we've bottomed (unless something crazy comes out of left field...ie Russia popping shyt off)

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
So kinda a high level question here, if you guys had 50-75k liquid to grow in the market, what would your approach be? Like half of it in $SPY then breaking the other half across some speculative stocks and ETFs?

I got a large bonus at work and after wiping all worldly debts and buying a few small spoils, I have around 80k liquid remaining, so I’m looking to invest it as effectively as I can. For context, I’d much rather see a 40% increase over 2-3 years than I would risk losing 30% of it to potentially double it in a year.

Prior to this my brokerage account was only around 15k, so I am inexperienced at properly investing an amount of this size.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
So kinda a high level question here, if you guys had 50-75k liquid to grow in the market, what would your approach be? Like half of it in $SPY then breaking the other half across some speculative stocks and ETFs?

I got a large bonus at work and after wiping all worldly debts and buying a few small spoils, I have around 80k liquid remaining, so I’m looking to invest it as effectively as I can. For context, I’d much rather see a 40% increase over 2-3 years than I would risk losing 30% of it to potentially double it in a year.

Prior to this my brokerage account was only around 15k, so I am inexperienced at properly investing an amount of this size.
I'm way less knowledgeable than most here but I would pick a few ETFs with a good spread start off with an amount you like and DCA the rest over a longer period of time.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

I would only invest it in the companies that people can't live without

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
what are people's thoughts on Disney earnings
on one hand I think park revenue will be good but I'm scared for the d + subscriber numbers

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Given your experience, just keep it simple

It’s unlikely that you’ll beat the market so just put it in VTI or VOO

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

60% VTI or VOO
15% BND or other total bond fund
12.5% solid big cap tech company
12.5% blue chip dividend stock

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Got a couple $BKKT calls that I have to keep holding because I don’t want to be labeled a pattern day trader… smh

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What a close!

giphy.gif

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
what are people's thoughts on Disney earnings
on one hand I think park revenue will be good but I'm scared for the d + subscriber numbers

they'll probably trade down a little or flat after earnings. when a company run up big before earnings then there's a good chance the earnings will disappoint.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
the flow was showing green but I was nervous as fukk
long live Mickey Mouse! :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

Disney around $130 was such an easy buy. glancing at their earnings and the demand for everything disney is strong. they can probably raise the price for disney tickets by another $50 and people would still throw cash at them.