Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I've never seen a YouTuber unravel so fast. As soon as the market hot dicey for an extended period he just lost it and started panicking.
I believe he was heavy in margin and not being truthful with his losses

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
He's selling properties too.

I think this post nails it. He was heavy in margin and got called

dabontv
16d

He got margin called, but hasn't admitted it yet. Now he's buying QQQ puts and trying to convince everyone to sell.

He's been buying the dip on stocks that give you best 30% to borrow against AND selling puts. He mentioned he was trying to raise his margin (few days ago). The market continued to sell off, and now he's liquidating everything. He's also refinancing his property to "buy in March". Pigs get slaughtered."

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Makes sense. I've been a subscriber of his for a long time and up until COVID hit he was really just a real estate channel. COVID hit and the stimulus checks went out and he flipped his entire channel to an investing channel. You give any beginning investor that kinda money in those market conditions and they'll be met with success but you can't go into a crash like this if you haven't dealt with real turbulence. The flash crash was not real turbulence it was over before people realized it. I never really understood his investing strategy. He seemed to be up on every hot emerging stock that came up. It was clear he was all in on growth stocks though. I imagine his portfolio was decimated in this downturn.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
What are some ways to just have the market work as a savings account with interest...

Figured I put $1k into the market in various stocks and etf and I'd e happy with atleast 1300 at the end of the year though ideally I'd want to gain more.

Is what I'm asking possible?

I'm less than 10 share in aapl but plan to get more and I'm in a semiconductor etf.

Been eyeing some ETF too.

:feedme:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Makes sense. I've been a subscriber of his for a long time and up until COVID hit he was really just a real estate channel. COVID hit and the stimulus checks went out and he flipped his entire channel to an investing channel. You give any beginning investor that kinda money in those market conditions and they'll be met with success but you can't go into a crash like this if you haven't dealt with real turbulence. The flash crash was not real turbulence it was over before people realized it. I never really understood his investing strategy. He seemed to be up on every hot emerging stock that came up. It was clear he was all in on growth stocks though. I imagine his portfolio was decimated in this downturn.
Meet Kevin is an idiot who makes bad trades now it makes sense. He's a rich cac that was an amateur in stocks and truth is most people that do this as a hobby are better then him at it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
What are some ways to just have the market work as a savings account with interest...

Figured I put $1k into the market in various stocks and etf and I'd e happy with atleast 1300 at the end of the year though ideally I'd want to gain more.

I'm less than 10 share in aapl but plan to get more and I'm in a semiconductor etf.

Going from 1k to 1,300 isn’t something that mirrors a saving account

BND is the total bond market.

maybe look into something like JEPI

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You want 30% in a year? Not even the best hedge funds can do that. If you want a worry free experience, just invest in some indexes, set it and forget it.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm bullish on CME, they made a lot of investments in google cloud to upgrade their capabilities

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s the cheapest it’s been since it’s ipo as far as the P/E
i mean, the stock will go up, but the growth days are behind it, so what's the real rationale here? you'd have to believe that a world of people want to walk around with VR headsets on all day to feel FB has any boom ahead of it

i don't think it's a shyt stock, but no one has pointed to anything Zuck has accomplished innovation-wise to have this blind faith in him moving forward. his most successful idea - FB - was one he stole and swindled the real founders out of :heh:

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
i mean, the stock will go up, but the growth days are behind it, so what's the real rationale here? you'd have to believe that a world of people want to walk around with VR headsets on all day to feel FB has any boom ahead of it

i don't think it's a shyt stock, but no one has pointed to anything Zuck has accomplished innovation-wise to have this blind faith in him moving forward. his most successful idea - FB - was one he stole and swindled the real founders out of :heh:
It’s hard to bet against a company that has 60 billion on the balance sheet

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s hard to bet against a company that has 60 billion on the balance sheet
that's great they have money - do businesses want to sell to them and will the fed let these mergers go through? FB has been cash rich for a decade and still never built anything internally worth a shyt, and their second biggest acquisition - WhatsApp - sits unmonetized.

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
that's great they have money - do businesses want to sell to them and will the fed let these mergers go through? FB has been cash rich for a decade and still never built anything internally worth a shyt, and their second biggest acquisition - WhatsApp - sits unmonetized.
Just saying that’s quite a lot of money to work with