Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Disney around $130 was such an easy buy. glancing at their earnings and the demand for everything disney is strong. they can probably raise the price for disney tickets by another $50 and people would still throw cash at them.
yeah I thought they were going to raise the price of D + by a dollar because they could
I kind of wanted them to drop back in the low 100's though but just so I could buy more.
I'm extremely bullish on them

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Did CSP on Disney but hedged by using that premium to buy $140P April. :manny:

Looking to wheel it... but itvmay have gapped up too high

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So kinda a high level question here, if you guys had 50-75k liquid to grow in the market, what would your approach be? Like half of it in $SPY then breaking the other half across some speculative stocks and ETFs?

I got a large bonus at work and after wiping all worldly debts and buying a few small spoils, I have around 80k liquid remaining, so I’m looking to invest it as effectively as I can. For context, I’d much rather see a 40% increase over 2-3 years than I would risk losing 30% of it to potentially double it in a year.

Prior to this my brokerage account was only around 15k, so I am inexperienced at properly investing an amount of this size.
pick 2 stocks (APPL, TSLA, MICROSOFT)
pick 2 INDEXES (VTI,VOO,VGT,FXIAX..ETC)

easy money

if you want dividends, get into coca cola, pepsi, heinz mustard, etc (stuff you buy on the regular)

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
pick 2 stocks (APPL, TSLA, MICROSOFT)
pick 2 INDEXES (VTI,VOO,VGT,FXIAX..ETC)

easy money

if you want dividends, get into coca cola, pepsi, heinz mustard, etc (stuff you buy on the regular)

Thanks for this. AAPL was my largest non-etf holding in my portfolio prior to this, so I’ll likely just add to that. Have a little bit of MSFT now, not much though. I have VOO and also VO for dividends, then VTI to cover the whole market. CSCO has been my go to for dividends and I added UPS once they announced they’re upping their dividend. Coke is good suggestion too thanks.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Thanks for this. AAPL was my largest non-etf holding in my portfolio prior to this, so I’ll likely just add to that. Have a little bit of MSFT now, not much though. I have VOO and also VO for dividends, then VTI to cover the whole market. CSCO has been my go to for dividends and I added UPS once they announced they’re upping their dividend. Coke is good suggestion too thanks.
Maybe some exposure to world markets as well

Daps
Reppin
NYC

There’s really no point in having both VOO and VTI. Roughly 80 percent of the VTI is the S&P 500