Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
dont feel like explaining but buy qualcomm calls asap. Just trust me brehs.

i decided to buy facebook calls yesterday instead of QCOM (a week later than i wanted - wedge reversal)...my money is tied up til monday but believe me. QCOM and FB are displaying very short term bullish patterns brehs. VERY.

FB might hit 30 (depending on earnings) and QCOM easily can hit 66 in the next month.
Both are falling wedge reversals and QCOM remains very oversold. Theres no reason it shoulda dropped since earnings so much.
If you must, go on google finance and expand to the larger chart. Zoom out 1 and 3 months and tell me you dont see a pattern for QCOM.
For facebook youd have to zoom out 3 months and its like a hybrid between a falling wedge and then ascending triangles. A pennant is probably more accurate i dunno.

Falling Wedge (Reversal) - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com
Ascending Triangle (Continuation) - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com

did yall heed or what?

I got Angies List, Tesla and FB options for August. All report on Monday :blessed:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah I actually really like Qualcomm. I might start buying. They have like $30 billion in cash just sitting around.

are you long puts on those august FB options?

Nope. Facebook I have calls for July 26. Strike of 27. After blackberry I have a lower risk tolerance for earnings releases so i bought a small quantity on July 5th. The charts showed Bullish activity was to come and I figured with Earnings on the way...it'd be magnified. So far so good.

And if you want another good Balance sheet...hit up YHOO

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Yep I'm selling at 7.50 (short)

When u sell short you pay taxes like its regular income right? My tax rate now is 25.5%. So if I sell short it's the same?

do you have a margin account? that's the only way you can short sell because you need a broker to borrow the shares to sell. and you have to have like 150% of the cash to cover the position. They do this because you could theoretically lose an unlimited amount of money by going short.

and yeah short sells work like a long position. If you're holding less than a year you'll pay your income tax rates. If you hold a stock longer than a year you can pay the long term capital gains tax at 15%.

If you lose money you can write off $3000 on your taxes. If you lose more than $3000 you can push the excess losses into subsequent years.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
do you have a margin account? that's the only way you can short sell because you need a broker to borrow the shares to sell. and you have to have like 150% of the cash to cover the position. They do this because you could theoretically lose an unlimited amount of money by going short.

and yeah short sells work like a long position. If you're holding less than a year you'll pay your income tax rates. If you hold a stock longer than a year you can pay the long term capital gains tax at 15%.

If you lose money you can write off $3000 on your taxes. If you lose more than $3000 you can push the excess losses into subsequent years.

I can write off 3,000!!!!!
Wow I'm glad I asked this question

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
i don't know how much i like microsoft but i like google
Just because everyday consumers are buying trendy tablets, and using smart phones, that doesn't mean the Pc market is dead. Last I checked any business that isn't in graphic design, uses a window based computer. Windows will also aquire Nokia and really enter the smartphone arena for the first time. Microsoft is sitting on its best for when it owns the company producing the phone.
Google is a good buy, but too rich for my blood at this point...

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Good time to get into Microsoft but ONLY if you think the market will continue to beast. It will move wherever the market takes it. And mark my words...from what I've seen this is a good time to buy puts on AAPL before its Tuesday conference call...maybe FB too. Depends on your risk tolerance.I personally hope to sell my SPY Calls today once it passes 169.5 (if only I could sell options premarket :sadcam:) for Apple puts.

Apple is undervalued but I think they miss estimates this quarter.

Last edited:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good time to get into Microsoft but ONLY if you think the market will continue to beast. It will move wherever the market takes it. And mark my words...from what I've seen this is a good time to buy puts on AAPL before its Tuesday conference call...maybe FB too. Depends on your risk tolerance.I personally hope to sell my SPY Calls today once it passes 169.5 (if only I could sell options premarket :sadcam:) for Apple puts.

Apple is undervalued but I think they miss estimates this quarter.

I'm playing the bounce with MSFT.