Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm playing the bounce with MSFT.
Just did so as well breh. Very cheap calls eh?

Got some September, $33 strike options at a price of 0.45 each. Cant go wrong with that really. Bought when the shares were at 31.75.

I'm also interested in long term

UPS Calls
Yahoo Calls (I hated that Tumblr deal though)
Aeropostale Puts
Sears Puts

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just did so as well breh. Very cheap calls eh?

Got some September, $33 strike options at a price of 0.45 each. Cant go wrong with that really. Bought when the shares were at 31.75.

I'm also interested in long term

UPS Calls
Yahoo Calls (I hated that Tumblr deal though)
Aeropostale Puts
Sears Puts

I play the irrational sell-offs during earning season.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
I'm selling my HIG stock and buying Bank of America tomorrow

I only got 13 shares of HIG and its up 8.5%.............and only got 30 dollars out of it. I put in 300 :beli:

I can at least buy 27 shares of that on Bank of America

Daps
Reppin
NULL
do any of yall fukk with penny stocks? ive been looking into investing into the market over the past few weeks. right now ive just been doing a lot of research on the basics, terminology, and strategy of it all. next ill be comparing diff online brokerage firms to decide which one is best for me. most places ive been reading have been saying that penny stocks are pretty much worthless and extremely risky. but its just that i only have about $500 to invest right about now and it doesnt seem like i can do much with that.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
do any of yall fukk with penny stocks? ive been looking into investing into the market over the past few weeks. right now ive just been doing a lot of research on the basics, terminology, and strategy of it all. next ill be comparing diff online brokerage firms to decide which one is best for me. most places ive been reading have been saying that penny stocks are pretty much worthless and extremely risky. but its just that i only have about $500 to invest right about now and it doesnt seem like i can do much with that.

If anything longterm with only 500

Bank of America is the most bang for your buck with little to no risk

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

when I was in college me and this other guy bought like $200 of some penny stock. we didn't do enough research on it. It turned the company was fake and was all a ruse by some guy who was notorious for it. How this guy was able to still deal in securities and wasn't in jail was beyond me. We lost like 75% of the money before getting out. I've never touched one since then. a lot of pump and dumps out there and the liquidity of the markets can be a double edged sword.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
500 is okay to start with. My suggestion would be to put it all in ONE...SAFE ... LONG TERM options play. And see if it can double, triple or at least turn into a 50% return. Don;t be greedy though set a limit order and dont look at it except for maybe once a week. When I say safe companies too I mean those with very good balance sheets and products/services that'll always be in demand. A good time to get in is right after a company gets sold off after bad news (ie. Microsoft recently). It doesnt necessarily have to be a large s&p 500 or nasdaq 100 component or something...right now a good long term play to me is Live Nation, AMC Networks (i have been promoting them for months) and quite a few others i've mentioned but dont take my word for it. Find your diamond in the rough breh

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Pro tip - Penny stocks are NOT an investment. Its a gamble and basically a lottery ticket. There's a reason they are "penny" stocks. If you want to play them, follow Tim Sykes. He does a great job teaching you how to spot pump and dumps and how to profit from them. If you want to make money, DON'T invest in penny stocks.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To be honest breh, don't waste your time. A lot of these penny stocks are scams and not worth the investment if your thinking long term. If your gonna play penny stocks, actively trade them and make money off the run ups. Pennies are volatile as he'll and will go up and down on no news for no reason.

If I were you, I'd just learn how to trade options. You can grow your $500 pretty quick (or lose it). But at least your betting on companies in the Dow or NASDAQ, not some unknown OTC company that is likely a scam.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix missed subscription estimates, but they still met profit and beat per share estimate. YTD it's up 182% which is:mindblown:

I like the route they're going with producing original content, especially their deal with Dreamworks. If those animated shows are up to standard to their movie predecessor, they're going to attract a lot of potential subscribers. Still though, I could see investors taking profit after this somewhat negative news of missing subscriptions. There is a play here somewhere. I know a lot of shorts are:cook:

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
What I learned is dont buy anything under 40 shares

No matter how right you were you won't make any money

HIG and GALT sold

Got 29 more shares of Bank of America with that money

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Got my apple puts wish me luck. And though i'm bullish for Qualcomm in the long term...I dont think right now is a good time to jump in. Best to wait after Earnings.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Got my apple puts wish me luck. And though i'm bullish for Qualcomm in the long term...I dont think right now is a good time to jump in. Best to wait after Earnings.

what was the strike on those options?

I'm surprised by this, usually the street hates on apple even when they have good earnings, this time it was the opposite.