Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Is the yen done? The best trade this year has been short yen/ any other currency.

What are the Aussies up to?

Australia is heavily resource dependant with regards to China, which has been getting a lot of bad press and there is a lot of pessimism with regards to their ability to continue their voracious appetite for all things found in Australia.

That and the Australian central bank has decided not to raise or lower interest rates in the near future, giving investors more stability to accurately price the AUD...

As far as against the CAD, it's just the only one I see trending hard right now :manny:

28d7ea2cc72ef1c7e583154e049a4c16.png

:leon: I'm whatless when it comes to foreign exchange and slightly with fixed income securities too. Whats the story behind Aus. and Canada.

And when you say short, do you mean to sell canadian to buy austraillian or vice versa.

Sell AUD, and Buy CAD.

Forex >>> Stocks ... it's actually much safer (in my view), allows for a much higher risk to return ratio, way more liquid, and overall you'd just bank a lot more :manny:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Australia is heavily resource dependant with regards to China, which has been getting a lot of bad press and there is a lot of pessimism with regards to their ability to continue their voracious appetite for all things found in Australia.
That and the Australian central bank has decided not to raise or lower interest rates in the near future, giving investors more stability to accurately price the AUD...
As far as against the CAD, it's just the only one I see trending hard right now

Sell AUD, and Buy CAD.

Forex >>> Stocks ... it's actually much safer (in my view), allows for a much higher risk to return ratio, way more liquid, and overall you'd just bank a lot more :

yeah commodities have been getting killed.

As you said Australia depends a lot on china and they (china) might not hit their yearly goals, so I kind of like your short AUD call. I just don't know if I like it up against the loonie. Canada depends a lot on the miners as well. Ask @Sachs, Fifth Avenue

the second bernanke mentions tapering the (US) dollar index is going to murder everybody. short and medium term. the rest of the world sucks.

by the way I can't get enough of this:

gfse.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
yeah commodities have been getting killed.

As you said Australia depends a lot on china and they (china) might not hit their yearly goals, so I kind of like your short AUD call. I just don't know if I like it up against the loonie. Canada depends a lot on the miners as well. Ask @Sachs, Fifth Avenue

the second bernanke mentions tapering the (US) dollar index is going to murder everybody. short and medium term. the rest of the world sucks.

by the way I can't get enough of this:

gfse.png

Canada does depend heavily on miners but I feel as if AUD is getting more and more heavily linked to China as time passes.

At my time of writing this, AUD spiked with good Chinese economic news, but I'm still confident it will reach a new low this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What does a buy back mean? Does it make the share stronger??

If a company, especially one thats growing ala KKD is using its free cash to buy back shares it can only mean one thing...they have a lot of cash at their expense. Furthermore the share buyback plan creates a large wave of demand for the shares and drives the price up accordingly. Lastly, with these shares remaining in KKD's treasury, the float (shares available for purchase in the open market) will be decreased and the laws of supply/demand will drive the price higher as well.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
If a company, especially one thats growing ala KKD is using its free cash to buy back shares it can only mean one thing...they have a lot of cash at their expense. Furthermore the share buyback plan creates a large wave of demand for the shares and drives the price up accordingly. Lastly, with these shares remaining in KKD's treasury, the float (shares available for purchase in the open market) will be decreased and the laws of supply/demand will drive the price higher as well.

I see. Thank you

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I invest through my job Comcast/NBC Universal. I do a stable fund through Fidelity, I do need to invest more aggressively. We used to be able to cash out every 90 days, but now we have to wait an entire year.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Real quick best online trader
Best stocks to buy if you play with $500-$1,000

I've used scottrade in the past. I don't know if its the best. someone else could probably chime in with their experiences with an online trader.

I'd look back at the last couple pages of this thread. posters have been commenting on what they like. How long is your time horizon? Are you trying to start an investment that you want to grow or are you trying to trade and make some money in a week or by next month?

if you only have 500-1000 dollars I'd look into options for more leverage.