Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
what was the strike on those options?

I'm surprised by this, usually the street hates on apple even when they have good earnings, this time it was the opposite.
380 strike. Only put in 300 bucks but I still feel it. The guidance was pretty bad too but whatever...they ran with it. My only fear was that the apple expecatations were too low and i guess that was the case.

In other news Evercore up 5% today. I hate life right now :

I've been chasing trying to get money to rebuild my portfolio and it just isnt happening. Meanwhile all these stocks that were in my portfolio are soaring. FML.

Why did I ever dabble with options *facepalm*. They just suck you in by showing you the prolific returns...and then it crashes down and the slippery slope begins.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
has anybody heard of Xinhuan Real Estate (XIN)? I'm starting to think this is the most undervalued stock out there. It trades at like 40% of its book value and has a P/E of 2. I know its mostly chinese real estate and its small cap but I'm probably going to take a position. I don't know why it's so heavily discounted unless the market doesn't trust chinese bookkeeping or they think the housing market bubble is going to burst over there.

Is this chinese bubble for real or not?

I hear Bernanke is leaving in January. Probably going to be replaced by Larry Summers (they portray him in The Social Network). Hopefully this doesn't fukk up QE, I'm addicted to this bull run.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I'm selling my HIG stock and buying Bank of America tomorrow

I only got 13 shares of HIG and its up 8.5%.............and only got 30 dollars out of it. I put in 300 :beli:

I can at least buy 27 shares of that on Bank of America

I just got out of BAC. It seems like its hitting resistance. I hear people say it can go to 20 but I don't know. Interest rates are going up meaning any debt securities they have are declining in value.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Facebook up 17%. Why did I sell those calls. I swear I have juju following me or something wtf.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
I just got out of BAC. It seems like its hitting resistance. I hear people say it can go to 20 but I don't know. Interest rates are going up meaning any debt securities they have are declining in value.

happy i dumped HIG when i did cuz all my profit would have been gone today.

im in BAC longterm it would be under 14 in the next 3 years. if it drops i will just buy more. i see it being 28 one day once they finally get the mortages off the books. so i just see myself doubling my money

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn breh, you can't catch a break. I thought you said a couple pages back you were buying puts on FB. I still hate the company long term.
The puts were waaaay back...sold those when I made 400 off of them. Mustve been around May when it was trading at 23. But I bought calls a week ago and sold them before earnings because of my trail of bad luck. It was too risky. And of course thats when I shoulda stayed in. Lol life be that way sometimes.

As far as long term I am somewhat neutral now. 3-5 years from now I see this trading lower. But this earnings release was great.
Peep game below :sadcam:

edit: Turns out QCOM is up almost 5% after its conference call as well :snoop:
dont feel like explaining but buy qualcomm calls asap. Just trust me brehs.

i decided to buy facebook calls yesterday instead of QCOM (a week later than i wanted - wedge reversal)...my money is tied up til monday but believe me. QCOM and FB are displaying very short term bullish patterns brehs. VERY.

FB might hit 30 (depending on earnings) and QCOM easily can hit 66 in the next month.
Both are falling wedge reversals and QCOM remains very oversold. Theres no reason it shoulda dropped since earnings so much.
If you must, go on google finance and expand to the larger chart. Zoom out 1 and 3 months and tell me you dont see a pattern for QCOM.
For facebook youd have to zoom out 3 months and its like a hybrid between a falling wedge and then ascending triangles. A pennant is probably more accurate i dunno.

Falling Wedge (Reversal) - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?st=ascending triangels&id=chart_school:chart_analysis:chart_patterns:ascending_triangle_c

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
Selling my ERF stock that went up 20% but only netted me 60+ dollars (20 shares) NEVER get less then 40 shares :beli:

I'm moving it to eroc

After this I will no longer have anything under 42 shares but bytch ass Vale :(