Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@Domingo Halliburton You work with any currencies?

Easiest play in the world right now is short AUD/CAD ... maybe a slight pullback but still a massive move downward inbound :manny:

I will quote this post in about a week :manny:

Is the yen done? The best trade this year has been short yen/ any other currency.

What are the Aussies up to?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Domingo Halliburton You work with any currencies?

Easiest play in the world right now is short AUD/CAD ... maybe a slight pullback but still a massive move downward inbound :manny:

I will quote this post in about a week :manny:
:leon: I'm whatless when it comes to foreign exchange and slightly with fixed income securities too. Whats the story behind Aus. and Canada.

And when you say short, do you mean to sell canadian to buy austraillian or vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
:leon: I'm whatless when it comes to foreign exchange and slightly with fixed income securities too. Whats the story behind Aus. and Canada.

And when you say short, do you mean to sell canadian to buy austraillian or vice versa.

breh, what does short mean? come on now. yes sell.

edit: you are right. it is a little different than shorting a stock. I don't fukk with it usually but utilizing forward contracts as well.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
breh, what does short mean? come on now. yes sell.

edit: you are right. it is a little different than shorting a stock.

i just wasnt sure which currency was being shorted in the pair breh; the AUD or the CAD but i figured he meant to sell the CAD because the AUD has dropped so much this year

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Oh yeah by the way there might be some ridiculous ETFs coming to the market. there used to be a bitcoin thread where a couple guys were swearing by it. You thought diamond prices were bad now, wait til they get an ETF and a futures market going on it.

1. Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF
The Winklevoss Twins propose to create an ETF that tracks the bitcoin, the crypto-currency, the same way that the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) tracks gold. There has never been a more highly publicized ETF launch. The reason for the buzz are the three forces of nature coming together: the bitcoin, the ETF and the Winklevoss Twins.

2. IndexIQ Physical Diamond Trust
This ETF would store diamonds in a small vault in Antwerp, Belgium, similar to the way gold is stored in a very large vault in London for GLD. There’s nothing like this fund on the market. The closest thing out there is the PureFunds Diamond/Gemstone ETF (GEMS), which tracks companies involved in the diamond business.

5. ProShares CDS Long North America HY Credit ETF
Many investors still cringe when they hear the words “credit-default swap,” which is why this ETF sticks out from the crowd. A credit-default swap, which investors use to hedge against losses on corporate debt or speculate on creditworthiness, is a contract that pays the buyer face value if a bond issuer fails to meet its obligations, less what the now-defaulted debt is worth in the markets. There are eight CDS ETFs in this filing that would allow investors, for the first time ever, to bet on or against the credit quality of investment grade or high-yield issuers in North America and Europe.

6. KraneShares CSI China Five Year Plan ETF
The People’s Republic of China has a series of social and economic initiatives called “five year plans” in which certain growth targets are set. This ETF looks to identify those companies that will benefit from Chinese government support as these five-year plans are enacted. For example, one recent plan for solar power development calls for adding 10,000 megawatts of solar power plants, which will benefit Chinese solar companies.
Ticker possibilities: PLAN, XIE
7. Global X Kazakhstan ETF
An ETF for the country made famous by Sasha Baron Cohen’s comic creation Borat could be a very nice investment vehicle -- Kazakhstan’s oil reserves rank tenth in the world, ahead of Nigeria and Qatar. In addition, the MSCI Kazakhstan Index is up 136 percent since November 2005. Global X has filed for many other unique single-country ETFs including Morocco, Slovakia, Qatar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Hungary. Someday these may all make a lot of sense. The question is whether there's enough liquidity and/or investors for these markets.

Diamonds and Kazakhs and Bitcoins, Oh My: An ETF Parade - Bloomberg

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
by the way, did any of you guys take my recommendations on Krispy Kreme and Live Nation seriously or what? They are up like 40 and 30% respectively since I started in this thread. Evercore up a mere 10% but it has hit its bottom numerous times around 36 already. Just heed already brehs.

Another company i mentioned in another thread: MTY Group up about 25-30% since:

shiiiiiiit foreal? Thanks I thought if say you had 3000 in assets they would be willing to but it makes a lot of sense. I always figured they couldnt just be giving youngns like me money. I wouldnt want such a high D/E ratio anyways :heh:. After my dad saw the Tesla after hours trading though he is taking me seriously. I might be able to get a quick 10gs out of him to play with. Barrick Gold and Tesla are my next two buys.

But yea man, I kid you not...i noticed the first spike in tesla like 3 weeks ago and began my research about the market for electricity, the company's operations, supply chain and all that. 2 weeks ago I was spreading the word with my nikkas especially once I found out Elon Musk was the CEO and about some of these outrageous shyt he was saying. Saturday i finally looked at the financials and alone seeing the spike in 4th qtr revenue I was like nah fukk this, I'm going in.

Some screens for proof, check the dates on that shyt :laugh::

mjgfp

a9y23c.png

33dwlz6.png

Too lazy to use my phone to upload the rest.
obbfs

I was busy at work so I couldnt even listen to the conference call, but every now and then I'd check Bloomberg to see if they beat estimates and the google finance after hours trading. I was getting sicker by the minute :bryan:

I dont even wanna look at it today but i cant resist. Cant win em all, I won big on Amaya Gaming and Live Nation in the past two weeks and Evercore is slowly ascending so I cant complain. Krispy Kreme holding me back though