Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
some..but why not hope they drop all the way near bankruptcy and buy in then?

ok
You say ok but if you could buy a brand new 2000 sq ft home tomorrow for $50K would you be mad about it?

Would you look at your home you live in and think you losing money?

Unless you looking to cash out now it’s a non-factor. If the stocks you own aren’t distressed with deteriorating fundamentals then the short term price people willing to pay at the moment is irrelevant.

You can take advantage of lower prices and buy more shares of good businesses that are at a better value to average down or you can tax loss harvest bad positions you hold and roll the proceeds into better ones or you could just close the browser window and not track what’s happening.

What’s happening right now is a positive for investors. If you just chasing short term dollars it sucks.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think I missed the boat on selling moderna. It got up to 180 or so and I held off. Now I’m kinda kicking myself. If I still I’d still profit but not as much as I would’ve :damn:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Does it really matter though if you are a long term investment? All my holdings are long terms. What I should have been doing was selling my unannounced spacs such as ipof/ipod n taking profits. Same with JMIA. It was highly volatitle. These are my regrets. I wont make that mistake again.

I get my bonus tomorrow so I may end up buying more stocks then hopefully things run again. My boy that does options is starting to get worried.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
yeah

for months people keep talking about loving red

ok then since they are compiling shares and enjoy when they get discounts...

let the market fully collapse so every stock is down 300-1000%

lets see how enjoyable it is then

its all about cost basis right? :mjlol:
If you’re scared, go to church p*ssy.

warren buffet lost billions this past month. You think his lifestyle changed one iota?

Why don’t you log off and go clock into your secure government job and leave us idiots alone.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yeah

for months people keep talking about loving red

ok then since they are compiling shares and enjoy when they get discounts...

let the market fully collapse so every stock is down 300-1000%

lets see how enjoyable it is then

its all about cost basis right? :mjlol:
Red days are how investors make money. You buy stocks for cheap knowing the price will recover. When it does you profit. People just got too used to watching stocks continue to rise.