Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so is this fukking ship thats stuck in the suez canal gonna start an interruption too? :dead:

it sounds like a pretty bad situation :huhldup:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Down 44 k on clover

I'm down 30% on it (my average is 10.99) but mostly beause I'm waiting for it to find a floor before averaging down as it was too dangerous to buy while it was digging deeper and deeper. Fortunately, my position wasn't too big on that one so I will be able to average easily with an average between 8 and 9 if possible. That is, if there's no new ATL :sadbron:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
SAII + Otonomo SPAC merger is one I'm looking into. Currently trading a bit over $11.40

This one is a little more speculative (at least for my profile -- though some of y'all eat this type of risk regularly) and the deal won't happen for another few months. So keep that in mind in regards to holding period and expectations.

I'm intrigued by this company despite it looking like they stole most of their tech. Like you said I wouldn't risk much because it's highly speculative but no one has shut up about spacs for months now.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
so is this fukking ship thats stuck in the suez canal gonna start an interruption too? :dead:

it sounds like a pretty bad situation :huhldup:

i do think this is going to have a big impact

I was listening to a podcast that says around 10-12% of all shipped goods through there. only other option is going around africa which takes forever

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I woke up this morning and APOP popped the fukk up! I shoulda bailed as soon as I saw the gains, but I held for a +40% bump, took that and jumped all the way in INPX... FULL RETARD :mjgrin:

INPX has their after hours earnings call today and hasn't recovered from the February sell off... this might be the play I was looking for :mjlit:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If you’re scared, go to church p*ssy.

warren buffet lost billions this past month. You think his lifestyle changed one iota?

Why don’t you log off and go clock into your secure government job and leave us idiots alone.
I wish I had billions to lose. :francis:

Billions is prolly what that damn OPTI has lost its investors lately. :mjcry:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Red days are how investors make money. You buy stocks for cheap knowing the price will recover. When it does you profit. People just got too used to watching stocks continue to rise.
Yeah and hopefully the price recovers before it's too late. :mjcry:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
You say ok but if you could buy a brand new 2000 sq ft home tomorrow for $50K would you be mad about it?

Would you look at your home you live in and think you losing money?

Unless you looking to cash out now it’s a non-factor. If the stocks you own aren’t distressed with deteriorating fundamentals then the short term price people willing to pay at the moment is irrelevant.

You can take advantage of lower prices and buy more shares of good businesses that are at a better value to average down or you can tax loss harvest bad positions you hold and roll the proceeds into better ones or you could just close the browser window and not track what’s happening.

What’s happening right now is a positive for investors. If you just chasing short term dollars it sucks.

if i currently own a home and the value drops 50% should i be happy? or not worry about it because i havent sold yet?

even if i had the assets to buy a 2nd home at discount im still looking at my current home with trepidation wondering when im getting my value back

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You aren’t losing money though. You only lose money when you sell. You bought stocks and still have the stocks you bought. Just because at the moment the price people are willing to pay for what you own went down doesn’t mean you’ve lost anything.

yeah, I've come around to that mindset because it's 100% true.

breaking that mindstate that you've lost bread when you haven't sold yet is the key.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i do think this is going to have a big impact

I was listening to a podcast that says around 10-12% of all shipped goods through there. only other option is going around africa which takes forever

i thought I read that the issue was over. So that means some misinformation is going on. People forget how huge these ships are and even with the canal being man made they have to clear a lot of space just to be able to allow that ship clearing space.

I’m thinking I should buy low on ctrm