Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Stop f*cking around with this sh!t.

I know someone who lost $400k fukking around with margin trading and options.

Entire life savings liquidated after 2 years of non-stop grind. Had to wire him.5 racks so he
wouldnt commit that.
Mandatory read for everyone here. Options aren't a game

You can quickly lose it all

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
just looking a bit more into the CPI numbers how is this shyt calculated :dwillhuh:
housing inflation at 10 year lows, yet building materials and housing costs skyrocketing :comeon:

I mean I understand across the entire economy things counterbalancing, but how can you tell anyone who is looking to build or buy with a straight face there's no housing inflation, and even better we're at a 10y low:ohlawd:

I'm know they've changed the inputs over the years, wonder what our numbers would look like under old formulas.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
to be fair, Ark is all about virtual worlds. They had a whole section in their Ark Invests presentation about this business model...they see it becoming a 400 billion industry by 2025.
bNrx9Ry.png

wHpP9A1.png
Roblox is the present and future of social media and gaming for pre-teens and teenagers. Yes, it sucks that it wasn't $45 when it dropped but people will be looking at the price in a year, 5 years, 10 years from now and asking themselves why didn't I just get in sooner.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPร‰
Supporter
Daps
Roblox is the present and future of social media and gaming for pre-teens and teenagers. Yes, it sucks that it wasn't $45 when it dropped but people will be looking at the price in a year, 5 years, 10 years from now and asking themselves why didn't I just get in sooner.
I don't get your point re: social media. You think teens will use Roblox rather than Snapchat ultimately ?

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
SKLZ missed their earnings by .04 p/s and is up $.55 AH

:mjlol:
I think there is a short attack coming for SKLZ too. Lowkey, the RBLX hype probably helped SKLZ some because I'm sure the number 1 cheaper alternative to RBLX that influencers and investors are recommending to people who feel like RBLX is too high is SKLZ.

There could be some fukkery coming for that one because it may see a decent spike if it is being shorted by hedge funds who thought RBLX coming out would make it dip.

Peep this...
SKLZ: It Takes Little Skill to See This SPACtacular Disaster Coming

:jbhmm:

The timing of this article is interesting. But it looks like the exact opposite is happening if the intent was to push investors to sell. Something to keep an eye on

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Most IPOs end up falling before they rise again.
Facebook opened I wanna say around $30 and then fell to $19 before going back up to now $260+.
Uber opened in the $40s and could be had for $14 before going into the $50s.
Spotify jumped to almost $190 before falling to $113 then going up to now $280.

If you look at most high profile IPOs they follow a similar trajectory. Once the hype dies down this will likely drop a bit before showing it's true colors.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPร‰
Supporter
Daps
For info, RBLX is 76.47 in pre-market at this very moment.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did I wake up to FE and Meet Kevin having fake social media beef over ttcf. Meet Kevin had ttcf and sold out of it and fe is pumping it. Seems like some stuff for clicks.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't get your point re: social media. You think teens will use Roblox rather than Snapchat ultimately ?
When I say social media, I'm looking at the virtual world and platform aspect. Roblox isn't just another app or game, it's a platform where people will be creating experiences. People will continue to use traditional social media apps and sites, this is a new player in that space with a much younger audience.

YouTube is social media and a platform for video content creators. I see Roblox as being a new social media network class which is also a platform for game and experience creators. That's where we're headed imo

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I say social media, I'm looking at the virtual world and platform aspect. Roblox isn't just another app or game, it's a platform where people will be creating experiences. People will continue to use traditional social media apps and sites, this is a new player in that space with a much younger audience.

YouTube is social media and a platform for video content creators. I see Roblox as being a new social media network class which is also a platform for game and experience creators. That's where we're headed imo

I agree with you. But I donโ€™t think this is a price point to jump in at and I think it will come back down. Trying to wait until this beginning salvo of fomo ends.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Did I wake up to FE and Meet Kevin having fake social media beef over ttcf. Meet Kevin had ttcf and sold out of it and fe is pumping it. Seems like some stuff for clicks.
Meet Kevin is a real estate investor. He just started doing stocks heavy cause it took off and he got a response on YouTube for it. I'm not gonna say he doesn't have knowledge but he's more about momentum trades and FE is a long term investor. If MK buys something and it doesn't pop fairly soon he might just dump it and he holds a pretty large number of positions. If you look at FE's holdings he's not buying all these pre-merger SPACs like MK is. It's just an ideology clash.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Most IPOs end up falling before they rise again.
Facebook opened I wanna say around $30 and then fell to $19 before going back up to now $260+.
Uber opened in the $40s and could be had for $14 before going into the $50s.
Spotify jumped to almost $190 before falling to $113 then going up to now $280.

If you look at most high profile IPOs they follow a similar trajectory. Once the hype dies down this will likely drop a bit before showing it's true colors.
That's fine. And when that happens, I'll buy more. I'm not concerned with timing the market for a pullback. I see the growth potential now, and I'll load up more when it goes on sale.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
$JD best earnings report in its history, 110 million new users added this past year. Margins steadily improving. The china markdown on this stock is crazy, but probably somewhat justified with both US china tensions and uncertainty around the CCP intensifying regulations. I'm holding shares and leaps, no plans to sell anytime this year.