Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I realize the market has its own reality, but CPI affects market and CPI tells us housing inflation is at 10 year lows

If someone can explain that one to me I might think about buying, but I'm just going to look for new opportunities to get in early or low. Otherwise have my price targets for buys that I'm currently/was in that I'm not going to chase because somehow stocks falling for a few days from ATHs was a "correction"

slowly turning into
full
following this shyt

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just looking a bit more into the CPI numbers how is this shyt calculated :dwillhuh:
housing inflation at 10 year lows, yet building materials and housing costs skyrocketing :comeon:

I mean I understand across the entire economy things counterbalancing, but how can you tell anyone who is looking to build or buy with a straight face there's no housing inflation, and even better we're at a 10y low:ohlawd:

I'm know they've changed the inputs over the years, wonder what our numbers would look like under old formulas.

Fed Stimulus and backstops plus logistics of materials. CPI has long been a funny number unfortunately the people who tout are the austrian/chicago boys.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Someone has to explain this TTCF hype. They make frozen foods. Why the fukk would their stock ever be more than a company like General Mills which has been around for a century?

Post earnings review below, for more info. It’s not my favorite stock out there but it’s in my top ten. I’m also more of a holder then a trader.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Post earnings review below, for more info. It’s not my favorite stock out there but it’s in my top ten. I’m also more of a holder then a trader.

What’s his take - sorry, I don’t listen to his videos due to how obnoxious his face looks on his screen caps.

not sure how to take their earnings because I don’t think they had a full year of sales last year, but expecting a 50% increase in revenue, 20-25% margins and to be profitable seems ok.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Careful with Jeremy. Most of the time he's "right" in the sense that his positions grow over time but that doesn't mean there aren't better choices out there. He is lookin sometimes 10+ years out which doesn't always make the most sense for every stock. ttcf will grow eventually but that doesn't mean you "missed it" ..... there are other plays out there.

morris

Superstar
Daps

Man, I looked at their site and menu... everything has cauliflower in it and none of it looked delicious.aybe I'm wrong but pass for now

Reign X

Pro
Daps
What’s his take - sorry, I don’t listen to his videos due to how obnoxious his face looks on his screen caps.

lol. No great insight this time from him, I just figured people would prefer to watch that then read two articles below. I like the new expanded plant based offerings and 6 more product offerings at target.

I used to be really really heavy tech, as spotting those opportunities is easier for me. I’m still all about growth but got in a few other sectors, with help.

Tattooed Chef Launches Six Plant-Powered Products at Target Stores Nationwide — GlobeNewswire

Tattooed Chef Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results — GlobeNewswire

Reign X

Pro
Daps
i got Meet kevin on that one. i've done all the DD on ttcf and i was all in but the future guidance just did not meet my expectations. it is concerning and i have better places to put my money like more Apple and more dkng etc.

fair enough. I didn’t get to watch meet Kevin’s side yet.

dkng is a solid stock too. I can see it being picked ahead of ttcf. Apple, I would pick other tech plays over it but it’s one of the safest plays out there.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
fair enough. I didn’t get to watch meet Kevin’s side yet.

dkng is a solid stock too. I can see it being picked ahead of ttcf. Apple, I would pick other tech plays over it but it’s one of the safest plays out there.

i got shares of dkng $25-30 and shares of Apple under $80. i've been consolidating my positions more on the downtrend.

i let my winners win. Anything lookin funny is out.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Man, I looked at their site and menu... everything has cauliflower in it and none of it looked delicious.aybe I'm wrong but pass for now

I can only go off ratings from others, but I’ve heard positive reviews. If it was sold locally in Canada, I definitely would’ve tried it.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I realize this is a dumb question about a spac running off rumors at this point, but any thoughts on SRNGU? thinking about adding some more

not sure what sportradar would look like as a stock if that is indeed the target, but that DKNG/SKLZ team is hard to overlook