Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This my 401k rollover account bread

oh nah they were talking about mines. My work stuff is all index fund with some bonds...I do have a 401K that I have control over with fidelity that I’m close to maxing out. But all of my other accounts are individual accounts.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
:flabbynsick: Brehs what did y’all do when the market tanked in 2000 and 2007. Did y’all keep investing, or did you just save money and stop looking at your portfolio for a couple years?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:flabbynsick: Brehs what did y’all do when the market tanked in 2000 and 2007. Did y’all keep investing, or did you just save money and stop looking at your portfolio for a couple years?

Wasn't in the market then but imagine how well those cheap shares looked when the bull run came. i think Jeremy from F.E. got started around that time

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol right. Accord has been best rated in class for ages now.

I see homdas every where
That got to be stupider then the GME> Tesla for the next 10 years comment. Honda Accord and civic transcend any specific demographic. I see young brehs driving, mothers and old ass rich cacs that ain’t big on the flashy shyt driving as well. I don’t think I can be outside for more then a couple minutes and not see one

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Real G's held tight, got 2nd jobs and poured money into the companies they believe in

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:russ: I had no idea I just invested in the thrift savings plan. Just because an old head said I should.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I don't fully get the wash sale thing to be honest :lolbron:

Isn't it something regarding taxes ? What happens if you sell and rebuy lower but you don't declare the "loss" because you lowered your position and you're okay with the L you ate to do so ?

Wash sales are all about taxes.
If you sell a losing stock, you can deduct the money that you lost on that stock from your other gains.
But, if you rebuy the same exact stock within 30 days, then its a "wash" sale and it interferes with your ability to deduct the previous losses from your gains.
So, its not that a wash sale is not allowed...it's just that it lowers the amount of money you can deduct from your taxes.
It might STILL be worth it, if you think that the profit you get from rebuying low will be worth more than what you lose from your deductions.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Based off Cathie's interviews Arks price target is going to be enormous.

I foresee at least > 4k a share post split

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Wasn't in the market then but imagine how well those cheap shares looked when the bull run came. i think Jeremy from F.E. got started around that time

Real G's held tight, got 2nd jobs and poured money into the companies they believe in

The problem is all the growth stocks are expensive now.:mjcry:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is the move I'm on.
I'm tryna look like I'm in "album mode" once I get this promotion and job title change.
Cause that'll free up my time for a second gig and additional capital to purchase more shares.
:wow:

The problem is all the growth stocks are expensive now.:mjcry:

Dividend growth stocks are still looking mighty healthy. :whistle: