Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
much more pragmatic convo about chamath selling SPCE, basically anyone invested in this company who is doing their DD by following it might have pulled some, or all of their money.

while i think some this space shyt has potential, not guaranteed success/profitability, it's more speculative that EVs and Weed, I'm cool on that sector.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:damn:
You 19% down on TSLA ? Your average is high as hell :picard: You don't have any cash available to average down ?

My average on TSLA is $641.279 on 16 shares. How can I get it down into the 500s but I’m assuming I’m going to need to pay a grip arent I? I get a share here and there on TSLA.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i agree with tesla because i have faith it will bounce back and come back stronger, for the rest im not so confident. nio is one of my favs and i have no idea what the hell is going on with them

it's a market wide sell off in tech and growth. NIO isn't down because they are NIO. They are down because the sector is down. Cathie actually said something interesting today that reiterated what i said about NIO many times in here. China wants their own winner.. NIO has been backed by Chinese government. They are seeing to it that NIO is successful.

By the way, when a sector sells off.. or any widespread sell off occurs, Chinese stocks are the first to get hit hard.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
much more pragmatic convo about chamath selling SPCE, basically anyone invested in this company who is doing their DD by following it might have pulled some, or all of their money.

while i think some this space shyt has potential, not guaranteed success/profitability, it's more speculative that EVs and Weed, I'm cool on that sector.

He still has 6.2% of the company in shares through his company, just no more personal shares. I dont know why people are mad. Even if he didnt believe in the project anymore, if you invested you likely made money. If you know he's out for good (which he isnt since he's still chairman), just sell.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
For the brehs that are holding CCIV, do you think the current valuation has room to increase in the next couple of years ? At current stock price, their market cap is at 35B, that seems high already to me.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Ark- Why did Square acquire TIDAL? In our view, the partnership is a more natural fit for Cash App than most observers might expect. Cash App’s partnerships with musicians have integrated it into urban culture, accelerating the digital wallet’s growth. Leveraging learnings from its partnership with Spotify, Cash App could enable TIDAL artists to sell merchandise powered by Square eCommerce, increasing both the engagement and reach of both platforms. Perhaps more important, Square and TIDAL together could disintermediate record labels by offering artists loans backed by the cash flows associated with their streaming revenue, much like Square underwrites business loans based on merchant cash flows. Ultimately, the partnership could reinvigorate TIDAL's original mission, giving artists the opportunity to build relationships with fans by offering exclusive content.

- record labels stay fukking over artists. If this actually does get to cutting out labels, that would be great.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
My average on TSLA is $641.279 on 16 shares. How can I get it down into the 500s but I’m assuming I’m going to need to pay a grip arent I? I get a share here and there on TSLA.
There are far more experienced people on here so they would help you better with more complex schemes but strictly shares, you would need 16 more at current price to go below 600. @winb83 told me that in the US you couldn't sell a share to rebuy it lower so I don't know how much room you have here. Otherwise, if you actually can and the downtrend is strong so the price keep dipping then I would bite the bullet by selling half at a loss to get some cash out and rebuy more shares at lower price with said cash :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There are far more experienced people on here so they would help you better with more complex schemes but strictly shares, you would need 16 more at current price to go below 600. @winb83 told me that in the US you couldn't sell a share to rebuy it lower so I don't know how much room you have here. Otherwise, if you actually can and the downtrend is strong so the price keep dipping then I would bite the bullet by selling half at a loss to get some cash out and rebuy more shares at lower price with said cash :manny:

He'd have to eat a wash sale so if you wanted to sell out of the shares but avoid the wash sale and buy lower in less than 30 days use a different brokerage lol

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
He'd have to eat a wash sale so if you wanted to sell out of the shares but avoid the wash sale and buy lower in less than 30 days use a different brokerage lol
I don't fully get the wash sale thing to be honest :lolbron:

Isn't it something regarding taxes ? What happens if you sell and rebuy lower but you don't declare the "loss" because you lowered your position and you're okay with the L you ate to do so ?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Gonna say this- and before anyone asks no I don't have any quantitative research or anything resembling a logical argument- I'd rather own GME than TSLA over the next 10 years. I do not believe in that self driving shyt.
To each their own! But that sounds ridiculous to me

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I bought some Norwegian Cruise Line a few months back, just. regular stocks, and return is good right now.
If I did a call option wouldve been popping lol.

:salute: I bought a bunch of these this morning:
NCLH Jan 20 2023 $35 Call.

If it can get any where close to it's pre covid level I'll be DEEP in the money.

Stock market will probably be shytty for the next few years. Welcome to the stock market under the DEMOCRATS. SMH

:ufdup: I actually believe this is the perfect time to get RICH off of "reopening" stocks. Tech may be down for a little while, but look at how far UP it has been in the last few months.

Meanwhile, while everyone was panicking about tech stocks, Dow Jones touched it's all time high today.

I'm loading up on JETS, because I know that only super mutant COVID can stop a boom in travel if vaccines take effect.

ETFs like RSP and XLF and reits like SLG also did really well for me today. Sure all my AAPL and TSLA calls expired on Friday, but the non-tech stuff has more than made up for it.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
BA, DKNG, RTX, RCII and DIS trying to breathe some green into a sea of red...new kids, this is why you don't go all in in one sector - my portfolio is in full meltdown :mjlol: :mjcry:

I have a fair amount of BA, but I feel dirty about it.:scust:.

I have a hard time owning stock from a company that knowingly knew that had an item (plane) that could likely fail and did nothing about it.