Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Reign X

Pro
Daps
I was teaching 5th grade :ld:

:russ:

Serious had me feeling old for being in college during 07 crash.

i don’t know if it’s the algo’s in the past few years causing dips but with how volatile the market is projected to be, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to save money and buy on big dips. There’s been what 4 in tech in six years?

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
FE basically making a video dikkriding ARK :russ:

good point on when things go south everybody starts talking about the valuation :russ:

it's obvious that in a bull market high growth stocks fly high. but when things go bad they fall badly.

but so to hedge it's a good practice have both of the world. i must admit i got too 'hypergrowth' happy. i should've kept DBX. :francis:

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Tdoc back at 176. iPod and ipof at 11. Tesla back in 500’s. So many good buys out there but I don’t got enough cash. Bb, amc, ttcf look good too.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Something I notice when people talk about the dot com bubble is they focus on the extremes -- Trash companies like pets.com went bankrupt and Amazon, Microsoft, Apple survived to become the most valuable companies in the world.

It leaves out that there were a lot of good companies like Oracle, ASML, ARM, and Intuit that took 10-15 years to surpass those 2000 highs. Even worse there are companies like Intel and Cisco that never got back there. Again, all strong and well performing companies.

By ignoring those middle companies, some (more novice) investors think that buying a good company and just holding for a long enough time period will guarantee a higher return even if we have a market crash. Price matters though.

I say all that to say, even if you believe in a company, you should always look to average down your cost if you have the ability to do so. If you started a position in a company in Dec-Feb at an ATH and it's down bad now but you've researched and still believe in it, then buy a little more.