Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

lib123

All Star
Daps
:manny: This is why I keep buying dips.

When you've seen this pattern enough you just shrug off ( :yeshrug: ) volatility and rapid movements, as other people get scared. :picard:

No matter what happens in life, this chart keeps on trucking upward:

200.gif

The problem with that is if you bought the dip in early 2000, it took you 13 years to recover. Yeah it will recover over time, but when this busts it will take some companies years and others won’t survive.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The problem with that is if you bought the dip in early 2000, it took you 13 years to recover. Yeah it will recover over time, but when this busts it will take some companies years and others won’t survive.
Yeah I've been thinking going index heavy in a few years. Right now I'm using leveraging "risky" plays that I'm confident in.

Reign X

Pro
Daps

I don’t think this over valuation is as bad as the dot com one. Cathy also was encouraged by rotation that’s happened. Luckily most of us also bought stocks early to mid last year, and not at top anyway.

I got no worries holding Tesla at all through this. If stocks just went up, everyone would buy, hold and be rich. But it’s not how it works. I’ll buy more shares of companies I like if I feel they are or get undervalued. My checks are going to stocks and nba top shot. Diversification :pachaha:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Chamath blocked Meet Kevin on Twitter for calling him out about selling out of SPCE.

It's kinda wild he goes on CNBC but won't go on a YouTube and talk to someone with almost 1.5 million subs. Someone who is more connected to the type of investors Chamath tries to appeal to than CNBC.

Everything he does is so calculated. It's kinda inorganic and always designed to make him look better at almost zero risk. He clearly only goes on CNBC to try and play the hero to retail investors.

He panic sold out of SPCE on the way down then tried to explain it away on his terms and not face questions on the move.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Chamath dont owe these cacs shyt
He doesn't but he owes his investors who bought into that company a better more direct explanation than a controlled tweet that says he had a hard week.

Closing your entire personal position of a SPAC you brought to the market on a down week isn't a good look. He's getting ate alive online for it and that move cost his investors money.

I could see if he nibbled off multiple investments but this isn't the first time he's sold SPCE. It's not even that he sold it at the highs either. Seemed to be fine holding it when it was $60 going up but bad news hits and he looks like he bailed.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The only drugs that can truly combat addiction are psychedelics. This just sounds like stimulant methadone.
If doctors say it can....then people believe it can

Find me a company doing ketamine therapy that trades on the market and ill put all my money in it