Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Didn't Sears destroy itself by not evolving? It's the Blockbuster effect, a market leader is more concerned with preservation of market conditions that lead to leadership rather than evolving with the direction of the market. Look at Best Buy. They basically leaned into the direction the market is going when all their peers died out. Even stores like Target thrive.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Balance Sheet | Gamestop Corp.

where are you seeing no debt?

companies get new leaders everyday b, and ahh the nebulous "push to broader markets"

yep, all of that points to an 8x in mkt cap based on fundamentals:salute:

“GameStop/Gamestonk” Has Nothing To Do With The Madness Of Crowds

snippet:
The GameStop (GME) eruption has been portrayed as the product of wildly irrational investor behavior – a “frenzy,” a “speculative orgy” (Charlie Munger’s phrase), a “game played by losers who don’t have any idea what they’re doing” – a classic case of the Madness of Crowds.

This view is incorrect. Observers are misled by the fact that the market is obviously not “rational” in the finance-theoretic sense of the term. Share prices no longer reflect the underlying asset-value. GameStop’s mediocre, money-losing business is certainly not 4000% more valuable than it was at this time last year.

But this does not mean that the decisions of the GME traders are irrational.

The GME event is in fact the result of a process that is hyper-rational. It is based on highly accurate calculations of specific outcomes which possess a much higher degree of certainty than is the case for normal investment decisions. There is no “madness of crowds” here. It is a premeditated, predatory take-down of a cornered and defenseless counterparty.

Last edited:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
has this stim perhaps already been priced in? will things continue to tank regardless:patrice:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Didn't Sears destroy itself by not evolving? It's the Blockbuster effect, a market leader is more concerned with preservation of market conditions that lead to leadership rather than evolving with the direction of the market. Look at Best Buy. They basically leaned into the direction the market is going when all their peers died out. Even stores like Target thrive.

Amazon pretty much destroyed all the shytty department stores. :manny:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
kmph stimulant abuse disorder drug thats about to undergo clinical trials has the potential to be :wow:

“Among the many potential drug therapies that have been studied for the treatment of SUD, medications with CNS stimulant-like properties have shown the most benefit,” said Andy Barrett, Ph.D., Vice President of Scientific Affairs for KemPharm. “It is believed that by enhancing dopamine signaling in key brain areas, agonist replacement therapies may decrease craving and use of illicit stimulants, promote restorative sleep, and increase retention time of patients in substance abuse therapy. Prior agonist replacement therapies have been limited in part by concerns of their own abuse potential among the stimulant-abusing population.”

instead of selling coke and meth and bath salts imagine a drug company selling LEGAL meth and coke and bath salts that WEAN you off the ILLEGAL meth and coke and bath salts :wow:

This drug could be the great white whale to turn kmph into a 10, possibly hundred billion dollar company :wow:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Yes, the market already priced in stimulus. We’re in the anxiety/denial phase IMO.

Based on that graph, I'd say we're closer to the Capitulation phase. Of course, next week will let me know if I can go shopping for more cheap stocks or wait and hold.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
KemPharm gets FDA nod for KP879 clinical program (NASDAQ:KMPH) | Seeking Alpha

KemPharm (NASDAQ:KMPH) announces that the FDA has given it the green light to go ahead with clinical trials for itsagonist replacement therapy KP879, following the agency's review of the treatment's Investigational New Drug (IND) application.

KP879 is being developed as an extended-duration, agonist replacement therapy for the treatment of Stimulant Use Disorder (SUD), a condition for which there are no FDA-approved medications.

KemPharm expects to initiate the clinical program for KP879 in 2021.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Based on that graph, I'd say we're closer to the Capitulation phase. Of course, next week will let me know if I can go shopping for more cheap stocks or wait and hold.

Disagree. Markets have consistently rallied from their daily morning lows. Capitulation phase involves markets closing at or around daily lows

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
KemPharm gets FDA nod for KP879 clinical program (NASDAQ:KMPH) | Seeking Alpha

KemPharm (NASDAQ:KMPH) announces that the FDA has given it the green light to go ahead with clinical trials for itsagonist replacement therapy KP879, following the agency's review of the treatment's Investigational New Drug (IND) application.

KP879 is being developed as an extended-duration, agonist replacement therapy for the treatment of Stimulant Use Disorder (SUD), a condition for which there are no FDA-approved medications.

KemPharm expects to initiate the clinical program for KP879 in 2021.

You convinced me earlier

I copped 100 shares last week :yeshrug: