Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's better to average down as things fall in smaller increments than it is to try and wait until you think it's hit the bottom and jump all in. People who wait for the bottom are usually gonna miss it.
True but not always. I still have some positions. I'm more into profit than being loyal to some of these companies just for a prestige factor. I'm long on my trades most of the time but alot of these plays are flips and can be rebought at a later date. I'm not really all for 'going down with the ship'

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
not sure what yall see in matterport. maybe a spike before merger? it clearly already had its announcement spike. it's a great tech but super niche, i don't see a big growth story for it other than maybe being bought out/merging with some other real estate "disruptor"

I don't think it's a niche to be honest. The construction industry is also engaged in digitizing its buildings and 3D scanning is the way to go for existing buildings. Now Matterport scanning type is photogrammetry which isn't lidar (like Leica or Faro) so it's not really fit for proper BIMization of buildings but it does have more segments than than just real estate : construction, digital showrooms and even photography. I think its growth will depend on how it can fit in the digital twin wave.
construction is still part of real estate - the end product is buildings. digitals showrooms? i'd still feel that's niche as i can't think of many applications where using matterport for a showroom, and thus paying a monthly subscription, drives measurable value. travel, yea, better exploration of hotel/resort spaces before booking.

ehh, MP fits that point solution bucket to a T where they really just don't have a high ceiling as a standalone product. they def have a great product, but i've seen this story before. hardware - prices will eventually have to drop as the market gets saturated - how many of these will a company or professional need? subscription model...i guess that's nice for now until a competitor comes along and doesn't require you to host your scans on their service
it's the data

Indoor spaces are definitely the last of the physical world to be digitized - satellites, gps, roads, streetview, storefront all have been ongoing projects decades now. You could argue of digitizing anything generally that humans put resources and time into, not just physical, that indoor spaces is the furthest behind by a huge margin. Real estate is the largest asset class in the world as they say. Either google buys them out or they're a platform of their own. They have benefit of first mover, so if it's going to happen it'll be them. Zillow is the only one with a chance and they ultimately that's not where their bread is buttered, they haven't been and aren't going to invest into the AI like MTTR.

Now to get your place painted most people of means find at least two painters to put in bids, they come in wearing their painter's boots after driving 30 minutes each way to get there, have to roughly measure the place, look for problem areas, and factor all of that into not only your bid, but include some costs from the bids they missed on. In a few year's time you go to the matterport app to link up with a painter, you dont have to show him what you want painted in person wasting a day of your time too, just lay it out it in the app, it tells them the exact SQft of each room and the total, they put in a bid, but instead of two you have 100 bids in your metro with their ratings. No painter boots entered your spot.

That's just one example, but literally any work on our places will be going through this digitized route this decade 1000% no doubt. Need to see how an appliance or carpet or paint or anything else will look in your spot, well Home Depot has teamed up with matterport and bring it right on your tablet. If you have a subscription that is.. It knows that fridge is too tall for that spot, no need to measure your kitchen, grandpa.. :flabbynsick:

you could go down the same road for endless commercial and residential uses it really is endless possibilities. the bull case of the tech is there and it's as simple with matterport as being first mover.
Here in my deep rural county the people are in an uproar about potentially having to allow tax assessor's into their homes if they implement new rules. Matterport will have our back. For a while tax assessors will work remote, but eventually the AI will probably eliminate them once they or the competitor they bought up tackles the outdoor side of things. insurance auto and residential.. how much time do you got for me to talk about this tech taking jobs

should smoke a J and think on this one.. believe someone said in this thread "if you don't get rich on that one it's your own fault" .. so it is known .. if you didn't pull out the Howitzer below 11.50 today :ufdup:

Last edited:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
won't be long to most are keeping a digital record of our homes and its repairs just like most people do with their cars.. wont be long until our car repairs that we always kept in the glove box are being kept digitally.. annotate it- on 3/01/21 replaced shower head, 5 year warranty on it,*info to claim warranty*.. replaced fridge filter 2/15/21 .. literally feed everything into the app that's eventually going to connect with repairmen, technicians etc

the commercial applications endless. every indoor crime scene about to have a matterport. they're just scratching the surface

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If things have changed and valuation is counting a great deal wouldn't TSLA actually be valued back closer to $300-$400 or does anyone see TSLA going back up towards $800 again?
Ron Baron a major Tesla investor who sold a lot of his shares today said he expects it to be $2,000 again in the near future. :manny:

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
$GOOG has been strong as fukk through all of this. I will be increasing my position after market confidence returns.

I bought Google a while ago just based how it works and how blue chip it is for technology.
I mean, I can't EVEN imagine not having gmail, google drive, or google maps - my life would be so inconvenienced.

I was asking people earlier would you rather have Amazon or Google removed from your life? It's a good question.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it's the data

Indoor spaces are definitely the last of the physical world to be digitized - satellites, gps, roads, streetview, storefront all have been ongoing projects decades now. You could argue of digitizing anything generally that humans put resources and time into, not just physical, that indoor spaces is the furthest behind by a huge margin. Real estate is the largest asset class in the world as they say. Either google buys them out or they're a platform of their own. They have benefit of first mover, so if it's going to happen it'll be them. Zillow is the only one with a chance and they ultimately that's not where their bread is buttered, they haven't been and aren't going to invest into the AI like MTTR.

Now to get your place painted most people of means find at least two painters to put in bids, they come in wearing their painter's boots after driving 30 minutes each way to get there, have to roughly measure the place, look for problem areas, and factor all of that into not only your bid, but include some costs from the bids they missed on. In a few year's time you go to the matterport app to link up with a painter, you dont have to show him what you want painted in person wasting a day of your time too, just lay it out it in the app, it tells them the exact SQft of each room and the total, they put in a bid, but instead of two you have 100 bids in your metro with their ratings. No painter boots entered your spot.

That's just one example, but literally any work on our places will be going through this digitized route this decade 1000% no doubt. Need to see how an appliance or carpet or paint or anything else will look in your spot, well Home Depot has teamed up with matterport and bring it right on your tablet. If you have a subscription that is.. It knows that fridge is too tall for that spot, no need to measure your kitchen, grandpa.. :flabbynsick:

you could go down the same road for endless commercial and residential uses it really is endless possibilities. the bull case of the tech is there and it's as simple with matterport as being first mover.
Here in my deep rural county the people are in an uproar about potentially having to allow tax assessor's into their homes if they implement new rules. Matterport will have our back. For a while tax assessors will work remote, but eventually the AI will probably eliminate them once they or the competitor they bought up tackles the outdoor side of things. insurance auto and residential.. how much time do you got for me to talk about this tech taking jobs

should smoke a J and think on this one.. believe someone said in this thread "if you don't get rich on that one it's your own fault" .. so it is known .. if you didn't pull out the Howitzer below 11.50 today :ufdup:
In addition to the data, the accessibility is why adoption of it makes sense. I've used interior mapping sites before and the site I used you needed a 360 camera for it to stitch together the images that you uploaded. Matterport enables users to map out their spaces with just a cellphone.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
In addition to the data, the accessibility is why adoption of it makes sense. I've used interior mapping sites before and the site I used you needed a 360 camera for it to stitch together the images that you uploaded. Matterport enables users to map out their spaces with just a cellphone.
It's impressive.. the AI recreates your space in 3D from your phone like you said because all the data points it has learned over the years from their $4,000 cameras.. it knows how corners meet, where electrical outlets are supposed to be.. door frames, countertops etc. Etc.. data and AI make it possible and also assures no competition because how is anyone gonna collect that data to compete with their smartphone tech? Like where's the capital coming from to try and knock them off when they've got the blueprint on lock already

They're setting themselves up to be the FB/google/Tesla etc of interior spaces. I dont feel like that's a ridiculous thing to say.

bringing this to the smartphone about to take the adaptation and uses to the next level in the very near term.

Last edited:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
First I heard of margin was seeing dudes on reddit being completely reckless with GME. Told myself I'd never touch it, but after educating myself today I feel dumb af for not leveraging the 1700 ghvi shares i have when shyt hit 11.50

10 floor because spac and much higher support than 11.50 that was the easiest/safest margin play anyone could have ever made.. At 50% requirement with a 10 floor that's 1400 shares I could have conservatively borrowed basically risk free.. went up 2.60 already.. leaving 4k on the table because I didnt know the rules of the game hurts
:mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
First I heard of margin was seeing dudes on reddit being completely reckless with GME. Told myself I'd never touch it, but after educating myself today I feel dumb af for not leveraging the 1700 ghvi shares i have when shyt hit 11.50

10 floor because spac and much higher support than 11.50 that was the easiest/safest margin play anyone could have ever made.. At 50% requirement with a 10 floor that's 1400 shares I could have conservatively borrowed basically risk free.. went up 2.60 already.. leaving 4k on the table because I didnt know the rules of the game hurts
:mjcry:
My net worth ain't high enough to mess with margin. You need serious paper on the sidelines to mess with that. Rich folks use margin so they can hold onto capital. Small paper retail investors like me can't mess with that.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I think their positionning should be focused B2C because the product is very user-friendly and it's really far better than buying/renting a 20k scanner, scanning the rooms and remodeling themwith a BIM software :bryan:

construction is still part of real estate - the end product is buildings. digitals showrooms? i'd still feel that's niche as i can't think of many applications where using matterport for a showroom, and thus paying a monthly subscription, drives measurable value. travel, yea, better exploration of hotel/resort spaces before booking.

ehh, MP fits that point solution bucket to a T where they really just don't have a high ceiling as a standalone product. they def have a great product, but i've seen this story before. hardware - prices will eventually have to drop as the market gets saturated - how many of these will a company or professional need? subscription model...i guess that's nice for now until a competitor comes along and doesn't require you to host your scans on their service
When it comes to showrooms, it's basically limitless. Companies scan their showrooms and it allows them to display their products to far more people than what they would do with a live one. In times of COVID (or post-COVID), that solution allows for further penetration of a company to its clients and prospects. And you can also add tags on matterport scans which could directly go to the page where the product is sold. Just imagine Amazon or similar websites with manufacturer pages but you replace the simple grid listing with basic pictures of their products by a digital showroom that you can visit and see in context (with AR/VR or just moving through it Google Maps style) albeit virtually. Way more qualitative engagement for the user IMO.

Also I had used Matterport scans and coupled with 3D models one could simulate different tiling, different lighting fixtures, different doors, changing colors or textures by importing 3D models. Now it's a long time coming for this to go mainstream but there's is really more potential than just real estate if you couple it with AR/VR. If you have a scan of your interior, you could potentially simulate easily some refurnishing, some painting upgrade or stuff like that. If Matterport allows third party devs to integrate 3D model libraries or plugins to improve and update their scans, the tech has a good mainstream future.

Now I talk all that but I still mised the sub-13 prices for GHVI :mjcry: