Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't believe some of their stories this place is sounding like stocktwits.

I haven't bought Tesla since it was in the 400s.

These dudes who bought shares at 700+ are talking about "yay tanking!"

Why would you want shyt you bought at All time highs to tank??

:mjlol:
To average down in cost. I decided that my position was way too small and I wanted to buy more but it was too high to really buy shares so in Robinhood I bought low dollar fractions at $100 and $50 amounts.
Robinhood I have half a share
Screenshot-20210225-165226-Robinhood.jpg

SoFi I have 5
Screenshot-20210225-165302-So-Fi.jpg

It's such a small amount that if it falls back to my SoFi cost basis I could buy a few shares and average it down easily.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't believe some of their stories this place is sounding like stocktwits.

I haven't bought Tesla since it was in the 400s.

These dudes who bought shares at 700+ are talking about "yay tanking!"

Why would you want shyt you bought at All time highs to tank??

:mjlol:

I can use me as an example for TSLA. I grabbed a couple when it dropped from $800 than I grabbed a couple when it dropped to the mid $700 and grabbed a couple in the low $700. I definitely didn’t think it was going to drop to the $600s. I’m good on buying the dip but I don’t want stuff to go all the way back to the bottom of the barrel. That’s erasing all of the profits and everything.

so yes I averaged down in cost on a few things but if it keeps going down I’m still losing and it’s only a fixed amount of money to use.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can use me as an example for TSLA. I grabbed a couple when it dropped from $800 than I grabbed a couple when it dropped to the mid $700 and grabbed a couple in the low $700. I definitely didn’t think it was going to drop to the $600s. I’m good on buying the dip but I don’t want stuff to go all the way back to the bottom of the barrel. That’s erasing all of the profits and everything.

so yes I averaged down in cost on a few things but if it keeps going down I’m still losing and it’s only a fixed amount of money to use.
Screw short term profits. I don't plan on selling Tesla anytime in the next decade. I hope it falls to under $300 so I can buy full shares and not destroy my lower cost basis.

Just like I want Apple to fall back under $100.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Screw short term profits. I don't plan on selling Tesla anytime in the next decade. I hope it falls to under $300 so I can buy full shares and not destroy my lower cost basis.

I hear and it’s cool if we bounce out of it and hit the rockets back up but what if that doesn’t happen and everything is just reset?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I hear and it’s cool if we bounce out of it and hit the rockets back up but what if that doesn’t happen and everything is just reset?
yea, i'm not a fan of thinking this way because shyt like that destroys returns over time. a 20% drop for AAPL takes 25% growth to recover, that's pretty much erasing a year of growth, possibly more.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

yea, i'm not a fan of thinking this way because shyt like that destroys returns over time. a 20% drop takes 25% growth to recover, for AAPL, that's pretty much erasing a year of growth, possibly more.
I'll be in my 60s still holding Apple shares. Why do I care about major price dips in my 30s? These aren't drops because the company took a dive in fundamentals it's just the market being the market.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'll be in my 60s still holding Apple shares. Why do I care about major price dips in my 30s? These aren't drops because the company took a dive in fundamentals it's just the market being the market.
the whole point of holding this is to compound the growth, you're playing yourself to keep wiping years of compound growth off the board to add 10 shares here and there.

dips like that literally knock YEARS of growth off your total. sacrificing thousands to buy 10 shares :heh:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

You hope it falls to under $300..really? And you think it rockets back up after a collapse like that? :beli:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nibbling on shares of IPOE (10) TTCF (10) and TSLA (0.15) after hours. These falls are delightful to me. If they fall more tomorrow I'll add more.

You hope it falls to under $300..really? And you think it rockets back up after a collapse like that? :beli:
If I plan to hold it 10-20 years why do I really care about the price right now if the company is still good? I don't want it to rocket back up it could trade sideways for years and that would be even better. Long term good companies will rise in the end.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No chance in hell. There's a better chance of stocks trading sideways for years than taking off like a rocket ship following a sharp sell off.

I don't think some of you are understanding that if Apple which is a leader in the market falls under $100/share that

A) it means all stocks are likely falling

B) it could stay down under $100 for 5 years before the next bull market.

This was not a regular year for stocks.