Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No chance in hell. There's a better chance of stocks trading sideways for years than taking off like a rocket ship following a sharp sell off.

I don't think some of you are understanding that if Apple which is a leader in the market falls under $100/share that

A) it means all stocks are likely falling

B) it could stay down under $100 for 5 years before the next bull market.

This was not a regular year for stocks.
I got Apple in such cost basis in 2019. It fell that low from being much higher and it is now higher now than it was then.
Screenshot-20210225-173307-Fidelity.jpg

Apple is now putting up their best numbers ever. If it continues to fall so be it.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
BTW I'm still bullish on 2021 as a whole. Today was about the 10 year yields, there's no reason why the ten year can't come up some and it still be a good year for stocks it has happened before

But again you want to be in names that are justifying their value.

i just want more TSLA fukkery to be honest. just go below $600 and we are in business. if it goes below $500 then really might have to go 90% TSLA like chicken genius.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I got Apple in such cost basis in 2019. It fell that low from being much higher and it is now higher now than it was then.
Screenshot-20210225-173307-Fidelity.jpg

Apple is now putting up their best numbers ever. If it continues to fall so be it.

Yeah because a pandemic wiped out the market and then zero rates helped spawn absurd valuations..

Apple isn't at absurd prices because they do justify their value but growing 75% or so in a year ain't gonna be the norm lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i just want TSLA fukkery to be honest. just go below $600 and we are in business. $500 would be awesome. if that happens i really might have to go 90% TSLA like chiken genius.

The dangers of that is you could be waiting 5 years and be in your 50s before it starts to pay off. Tesla is going to continuing growing but in a bear market you ain't going to see these rapid gains, shyt could be sideways.

I'm just alerting people that a bear market isn't exactly fun.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah because a pandemic wiped out the market [/B]and then zero rates helped spawn absurd valuations..

Apple isn't at absurd prices because they do justify their value but growing 75% or so in a year ain't gonna be the norm lol
Not in 2019. That was the Trump China beef that pushed prices lower. It blew over and the market rose again. The share price already doubled from my average cost before the pandemic happened.
Hell in late 2018 in a panic the share prices fell lower than my average. Wasn't in the market till Jan 19.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
The dangers of that is you could be waiting 5 years and be in your 50s before it starts to pay off. Tesla is going to continuing growing but in a bear market you ain't going to see these rapid gains, shyt could be sideways.

i'm same old as kobe(r.i.p) home boy :mjlit:

i ain't :flabbynsick: yet

TSLA ain't gonna trade sideways. just too many catalysts coming soon. :ufdup: :ahh:

and i don't need money for another 15 years. and if i get to 90% TSLA then i'll invest in other stocks and cryptos from that point. so eventually it will probably go back down to 40-50% again :manny:

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
most ppl are long on APPL, TSLA & FAANG in general. if you truly believe in these companies and their fundamentals then days like this you just increase your cost basis since the goal is to own as many shares as you can afford at a reasonable price. im assuming all longs dont need the money within the next 3-5 years so wtf cares about a week of dips when the S&P500 as a whole is only down 2% this week:manny:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

That's why I've been about going long, not next week. :hubie:

No hate, we just got different styles of playing the market. I got np holding a company I researched extensively for a few years and building a position. It's been impossible to build a position in a lot of companies because after an initial buy that shyt is on its way to 100.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
No chance in hell. There's a better chance of stocks trading sideways for years than taking off like a rocket ship following a sharp sell off.

I don't think some of you are understanding that if Apple which is a leader in the market falls under $100/share that

A) it means all stocks are likely falling

B) it could stay down under $100 for 5 years before the next bull market.

This was not a regular year for stocks.
I understand you points but so much money is off the table right now waiting to buy in

I definitely could see sideways awhile but no way we aren’t eventually gonna get a Bull market again

American families have added somthing like 1.3 trillion in savings during the pendemic

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's why I've been about going long, not next week. :hubie:

No hate, we just got different styles of playing the market. I got np holding a company I researched extensively for a few years and building a position. It's been impossible to build a position in a lot of companies because after an initial buy that shyt is on its way to 100.

I don't think we're that different. I trade sometimes but I also have longs.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Screw short term profits. I don't plan on selling Tesla anytime in the next decade. I hope it falls to under $300 so I can buy full shares and not destroy my lower cost basis.

Just like I want Apple to fall back under $100.

I don't think you want that breh...why would you want to reverse 8-10 months of growth?