Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
My outlook on CCIV is 3-5 years not 3-5 months. If anybody was looking to make this a short term transactional flip I think they probably missed the boat like you said.

I got in at 15, sold off at 56...a dip was inevitable

The way I look at it, any good EV ETF will have them if their holding in a few yrs if Lucid is legit...I'm heavily invested in EV ETFs so I'll eat indirectly if they're (Lucid) winning

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Here’s a recent podcast that I liked about chasing top fund managers like ARK. They address the topic with history and data. There have been fund managers like Cathie in the past who seemingly had the Midas touch. But when they crashed, they crashed HARD. It can get ugly.

Not saying people should stop investing with ARK, but it has changed my view on them. It’s worth a listen.

Start at 18:27.

:scust::picard: @ Gerald Tsai Jr.'s story.

I think jokers get too emotional and attached to these fund managers. I love the Soros quote " When I see a bubble forming, I rush to buy, adding fuel to the fire" get in behind a great salesman and storyteller like Chamath, Elon, and Wood and ride the fuccing narrative before the crowd panics or sees through the hype.

But cats don't have to sincerely believe in their narratives just to make money with these jokers. Just acknowledge that you are investing in something primarily couched in a compelling narrative and not sound financial prospects.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
GME +20% and pumpin today :russ: I wanted to buy some at 45 but missed the boat and it's at 54 now :wow:
Hope for bagholders is such a cruel thing :mjcry:

EDIT : but in all honesty, the 4h and Daily charts look good for a move up :ehh:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
aye bruh, homie face in that tweet screenshot is a perfect smiley :laff:
upload_2021-1-19_19-15-37-png.30121

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
To that point I have shares of ARKK and right now I’m paying $11 in fees per year off 10 shares of ARKK assuming I don’t add additional shares. Yeah I’m up 85% since I purchased into the fund last year but disruptive innovation won’t always have bullish behavior year over year as you mentioned so if it falls to 20% in yearly gains im still paying fees at a flat rate regardless of stock performance. I will slowly sell out of ARKK so that its not more than 5-7% of my taxable portfolio acct

Paying 1% on 20% gains should be no one's concern. If it dips below S&P returns after fees then I'll be the 1st person to jump.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just keep it simple I have more confidence in Ark finding companies and growing my funds than I do in me finding companies and growing on my own. And if all else fails I can always get out.
Arkk is not the only ETF out there breh. That logic makes zero sense.