Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
anyway, just my opinion, not a FA, but if you're losing money on the positions you've entered, then day trading aint gonna be any better unless you understand the game. and i'm sure your boys only discuss the picks that hit, are they calculating the ones they take an L on into the money they're "making"?
:yeshrug:idk,
@Cadillac

Investing and trading aren’t necessarily the same. Investing is about longer term plays and financial goals. You invest in Apple as a company because you believe in it’s viability as a growing company years down the road.

If you’re investing you shouldn’t be discouraged by short term movements, especially it your goals are longer term. That’s when it’s helpful to buy at lower points to reduce your cost average.

If you’re trying to get into trading that’s different. And like @dora_da_destroyer said the majority of day traders lose mo way and that shyt can get complex quickly; If you haven’t done it before you should be prepared to potentially lose a decent chunk of money quickly and chalk it up to an education / tuition fee.
Yeah i know the diff, but i think my friends will help me on it

eh longer term investments dont interest me esp as ones i do are not stock but in other matters. i just used this fukk around and get some extra cash.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:idk,
Yeah i know the diff, but i think my friends will help me on it

eh longer term investments dont interest me esp as ones i do are not stock but in other matters. i just used this fukk around and get some extra cash.

Fair, I respect it, I hope whatever you do is prosperous let’s all get this bread.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
SQ still falling in AH despite beating earnings. I think it just ran too hot for too long.

I'm still believer. Seems like every SMB I go into these days uses SQ. I missed this mornings self-off but it gets below $240 again and I'll load up some more.