Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
you say this as if day trading is easy money...most day traders lose money over time.

to the bolded, that's exactly why you hold and avg down on stocks that are long term investments when they drop. AAPL, SBUX, MA drop, you don't sell, you buy cheaper shares and hold, investing is about years out, they'll be fine
i lost more money holding than just day trading fam. Plus some of my peoples are doing it and making money to:francis:

i understand what you saying, but anecdotally its hard to sit here and just hold this shyt.

some i will hold i just wont be holding for a long time as synonymous the length holders are suppose to keep for.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucid Provides a Sobering Look Under the SPAC Hood

"But the thing that stood out in Lucid’s financial disclosures was the level of projected cash burn: It expects to consume almost $10 billion of cash in four years. That far exceeds the $4.4 billion Lucid will receive from the SPAC and a concurrent PIPE financing — a type of equity funding open only to accredited investors.

High cash burn is often a problem for new entrants to the automotive industry — just ask Tesla Inc. or NIO Inc. But some of the latest crop, such as Fisker Inc., have sought to cut their need for capital by outsourcing manufacturing and engineering.

Lucid is going the traditional route. It’s built a small plant in Arizona, and faces a mounting bill to add factory capacity, develop technology and build a network of sales and service outlets. "

And this is who people were saying was going to steal market share from Tesla? :mjlol:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
you say this as if day trading is easy money...most day traders lose money over time.

to the bolded, that's exactly why you hold and avg down on stocks that are long term investments when they drop. AAPL, SBUX, MA drop, you don't sell, you buy cheaper shares and hold, investing is about years out, they'll be fine
yeah even after spending some time (and making money from) with pennies, im long term buy and holds, and 1-2 year option plays.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i lost more money holding than just day trading fam. Plus some of my peoples are doing it and making money to:francis:

i understand what you saying, but anecdotally its hard to sit here and just hold this shyt.

some i will hold i just wont be holding for a long time as synonymous the length holders are suppose to keep for.
because you're buying high and selling low...you also gotta buy quality stocks. can't be chasing pennies or pump & dumps after they run up 300% and then expect the run to keep going, you'll be left holding the bag.

anyway, just my opinion, not a FA, but if you're losing money on the positions you've entered, then day trading aint gonna be any better unless you understand the game. and i'm sure your boys only discuss the picks that hit, are they calculating the ones they take an L on into the money they're "making"?

morris

Superstar
Daps
:feedme: Sykes is finally gonna get me to sign up for one of them premium discord servers for a stack
I never have...he's one of the YT Gurus...he might be legit but I would stay away....of course if you sign up and make it let us know if worth it

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
@Cadillac

Investing and trading aren’t necessarily the same. Investing is about longer term plays and financial goals. You invest in Apple as a company because you believe in it’s viability as a growing company years down the road.

If you’re investing you shouldn’t be discouraged by short term movements, especially it your goals are longer term. That’s when it’s helpful to buy at lower points to reduce your cost average.

If you’re trying to get into trading that’s different. And like @dora_da_destroyer said the majority of day traders lose money and that shyt can get complex quickly; If you haven’t done it before you should be prepared to potentially lose a decent chunk of money quickly and chalk it up to an education / tuition fee.

Last edited: