winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Too much fukkery with that company :mindblown:

Glad i didnt decide to keep my shares :scust:
I tried to warn people about Boeing in this thread. They're totally morally bankrupt to the point it gets in the way of running the business. Put people on death traps and tried to blame the victims.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

In 2015, Musk said he expected a Tesla to be able to drive itself across the country by 2018. When he modified his statement in October 2016, it seemed likeTesla's autonomous-driving system was ahead of schedule.

Now, almost three years later, Tesla's driverless-car goals still seem far away — but Musk keeps making promises anyway.

Just last month, Musk said he was "certain" that Tesla vehicles would be able to operate without driver intervention by the end of 2019, pending regulatory approval.

uuI9sj4.png

full

Scholar

Superstar
Daps

Every Tesla investor knowns Elon runs on Elon time. But everything he sets out to accomplish he gets done

If you were current on the company you'd know they completely rewrote the code and the beta is rolling along nicely. You'd know they have synced the cameras around the car and now have neural nets working on each camera and have created a birds eye view of the car that accounts for time and space for the car and surrounding objects:umad:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps

Look at videos from October and compare them to now. Clearly as mentioned the neural nets will improve, which is why the beta is being updated slowly as Elon's tweets alludes too. However, its obvious Tesla will achieve Level 5 autonomy

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Look at videos from October and compare them to now. Clearly as mentioned the neural nets will improve, which is why the beta is being updated slowly as Elon's tweets alludes too. However, its obvious Tesla will achieve Level 5 autonomy
There's nothing for me to be mad about. I wish we could have self-driving cars tomorrow but unfortunately Waymo is closest to it, which is bad news because they need full mapping and geofencing.

I was giving Elon/Tesla benefit of the doubt because I thought they're going at it completely differently than everybody else so they just might have a breakthrough, but it's obvious now that he's been bullshyting us for 5 years. Like our 43rd and war criminal President said fool me once shame on you, fool me ... can't get fooled again.

To the contrary I used to follow self-driving progress very closely but I threw my hands up when it came to Tesla with their October release where in a video Tesla almost drove into a parked car.

And that was with the new beta and new hardware. The video I posted above is 8.1 beta from February 11th and it looks like a drunk-driving simulator :unimpressed:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
There's nothing for me to be mad about. I wish we could have self-driving cars tomorrow but unfortunately Waymo is closest to it, which is bad news because they need full mapping and geofencing.

I was giving Elon/Tesla benefit of the doubt because I thought they're going at it completely differently than everybody else so they just might have a breakthrough, but it's obvious now that he's been bullshyting us for 5 years. Like our 43rd and war criminal President said fool me once shame on you, fool me ... can't get fooled again.

To the contrary I used to follow self-driving progress very closely but I threw my hands up when it came to Tesla with their October release where in a video Tesla almost drove into a parked car.

And that was with the new beta and new hardware. The video I posted above is 8.1 beta from February 11th and it looks like a drunk-driving simulator :unimpressed:

Believe waymo ladar hi tech cars on rails is the leader :dead:

No one is saying FSD in its current iteration is perfect. Obviously lots of room to good but great signs. As the video you posted shows its far form perfect but as the video i showed, tesla will reach level 5

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

If you pay the $10K and it drives itself into another car and totals itself does Tesla give you a new one?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
If you pay the $10K and it drives itself into another car and totals itself does Tesla give you a new one?
No way, especially because there is no Full Self Driving :heh:

Better question is what kind of fine print do they have that allows them to charge people $10,000 for FSD for 5 years without ever delivering the feature? :mindblown:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Better question is what kind of fine print do they have that allows them to charge people $10,000 for FSD for 5 years without ever delivering the feature? :mindblown:
I don't know if I would trust my car to drive itself. Probably end up skipping that feature. For $10K you can probably go up a trim or 2.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps

it's coming breh. :hhh: