Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I want an EV in the future but I'm too cheap to likely ever buy one. Nice cars but I just find it hard to put so much into something that loses you money.

Paid $17000 in Oct 2019
Screenshot-20210220-105047-Gallery.jpg
I respect it :ehh: Id only buy if I moved back to Cali and made a certain amount tbh

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This weeks watchlist for me is CCIV, ONTX, and FRX

Contemplating selling CCIV options since I now own 100+ shares, but the way it’s been moving lately idk :picard:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Volume if I catch it that day like with ecez. And then just going on Twitter and seeing what folks are saying. Twitter is an underrated tool. If I see enough people talking about a stock and it hasn't run yet, I look into it and then go in with a minimum 10k position. Like with WHEN shyt tanked out for no reason really but than I was reading about how they just put the former head of mossad security as their president. So I bought
Social arbitrage is my favorite way to find winners too.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Byoc made me 20k before tanked today Just hopped in WHEN at .0035 around 230 and by end of day i was up 4k

I'll keep taking these 20-30k gains. I know soon enough im gonna put my whole portfolio in one otc and see what happens. Russian roulette baby

Are you using fidelity?

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
"Since the start of 2019, 13 SPAC-related shareholder lawsuits have been filed, according to the Stanford Law School Securities Class Action Clearinghouse. With so many blank-check companies scouting for suitable acquisition targets, legal experts say the odds are there will be some duds and, inevitably, more litigation.

Big-name SPAC sponsors with deep pockets, like Fertitta and Handler, are especially attractive targets.

“You’re buying into the idea that this person is a good investor and that they will find a good deal,” said Robert Prongay, an attorney with Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP in Los Angeles who represents shareholders in securities lawsuits. “You have to look at the sponsors because you’re relying on their investment experience and ultimately they are accountable.”

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

SPAC Litigation Likely to Surge in 2021 | JD Supra

"The allegations generally center around the same issues identified in Corp Fin’s guidance. Plaintiffs usually allege a failure to adequately disclose to shareholders the potential conflicts of interest between management and public shareholders, as well as a failure to adequately disclose material information about the de-SPAC transaction — thus depriving public shareholders of the opportunity make an informed decision about whether to redeem their shares. After the merger is consummated, plaintiffs may amend their complaints to allege that they would have redeemed their shares for the purchase price if they had known the allegedly withheld information...

While it may be an uphill battle to persuade a court to enter a temporary or preliminary injunction to stop a de-SPAC transaction, the mere threat of it can add uncertainty and affect the market price of the SPAC’s publicly traded shares. If the court denies injunctive relief and the deal closes, the new business combination will incur the costs and distraction of defending such lawsuits...

As a matter of defense strategy, parties to a SPAC transaction should always point out the obvious: If a shareholder does not like the proposed de-SPAC transaction, there is an immediate and obvious remedy — simply redeem the shares and walk away. This makes any claim for damages difficult, and the avenues available to the shareholder are limited to asking for either
(1) the lost opportunity to earn growth on the value of the shares in some other investment during the period the SPAC shares were owned, or
(2) the lost value the shareholder would have realized had the de-SPAC transaction been handled differently. The former is of limited value in most cases, and the latter is rather speculative."​

Notley

Pro
Daps
Volume if I catch it that day like with ecez. And then just going on Twitter and seeing what folks are saying. Twitter is an underrated tool. If I see enough people talking about a stock and it hasn't run yet, I look into it and then go in with a minimum 10k position. Like with WHEN shyt tanked out for no reason really but than I was reading about how they just put the former head of mossad security as their president. So I bought

I am assuming you use a scanner. Which shifts in volume do you look for? Over which timeframe? Do you specialize in stocks in a certain price range?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I agree with you. Tesla's advantage is largely overstated, once legacy car companies actually start making EVs they want to sell the gap is going to close quickly. So far car companies have largely been making shytty EVs on purpose and for emission reasons.

Porsche's first entry into EVs shows you that Tesla is not that far ahead.
One word.....

DATA