Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Reign X

Pro
Daps
One word.....

DATA

i don’t know about the whole 5-10 year argument in general but data is a big advantage for self driving. The battery tech they’re working on will be next.

hard to catch up when Tesla keeps innovating. These other companies are just copying/following Tesla in some ways.

Maybe Ford or someone should have tried to team up with Tesla or acquire them years ago?

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Byoc made me 20k before tanked today Just hopped in WHEN at .0035 around 230 and by end of day i was up 4k

I'll keep taking these 20-30k gains. I know soon enough im gonna put my whole portfolio in one otc and see what happens. Russian roulette baby
Bruh, I've thought about the same thing. But sheesh I aint ready for that:wow:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
One word.....

DATA
i don’t know about the whole 5-10 year argument in general but data is a big advantage for self driving. The battery tech they’re working on will be next.

hard to catch up when Tesla keeps innovating. These other companies are just copying/following Tesla in some ways.

Maybe Ford or someone should have tried to team up with Tesla or acquire them years ago?
For me Tesla's biggest advantages are their charging network, battery technology and ev stan army/cult.

Their self driving is highly overrated, they only just recently got back to where they were with Mobileye. They still haven't fixed the whole driving into stationary objects problem. And the fact that they've been selling FSD to customers for years now doesn't fill me with confidence.

I believe their camera only approach to self-driving is not feasible and much of the data they've collected will probably be useless.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
That's because it's Porsche. They aren't gonna half step when they bring a product to market because they know who their clientele is. They're not competing with Ford, GM or Toyota per se. They're on a higher caliber. The bigger companies are slow when it comes to innovation and I don't think there's going to be a drastic change just because it's now ev their transitioning to. I'm not saying that to tell anyone to continue buying Tesla stock, but don't think that just because other companies are jumping into the EV pool that it's not a reason to remain bullish on the company. Their advantages will generally remain their advantages because of their leadership and motivations. As you mentioned these other companies were forced to go this route, so their drive to innovate and improve isn't the same. They'll get to the point where they are able to mass produce a decent ev that they can sell to the general consumer then get stagnant, until they're forced to do something else. Right now it's an arms race to show how great they can make that first "Tesla Killer", so the energy is different.

Porsche is a great car company. But on paper Tesla got them beat easily.

Model S is 25% cheaper. (key importance. in some cases taycan is 30-35% more)
Model S long range has 420mile range. Taycan 4s has 200-227mile range.
Plaid will go 2 sec below 0-60 which will beat Taycan turbo S.
Plaid S will have 520 miles range which will basically 2X taycan's best range.
Model S has much more cargo space. almost twice bigger.
Tesla has much better charging network.

what's even more impressive is that Tesla improves their cars like how software companies improves their software. car companies take 2-3 years for a mid cycle refresh. Tesla improves their software every year and some.

Imagine what the Roadster would do to Taycan Turbo S. i mean it's silly because Model S was never meant to be a performance oriented Sedan. It's simply a midsized sedan that is super fast because it's EV.

for Porsche to make something similar to Roadster it would have to be $400k+ exotic. and i'm sure porsche is already developing that supercar.

Last edited:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I want an EV in the future but I'm too cheap to likely ever buy one. Nice cars but I just find it hard to put so much into something that loses you money.

Paid $17000 in Oct 2019
Screenshot-20210220-105047-Gallery.jpg

I feel the same way about evs. I rarely drive anyways. I have a 2013 Honda Civic with only 37000 thousands miles on it since I don't drive much. With remote working now very much acceptable. I don't really need a car like that. Some of these Atlanta women be mad judgmental about it :mjlol:.