Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bitcoin reaching new levels.

What makes more sense? Buying bitcoin or buying bitcoin stocks like RIOT?:jbhmm:
honestly if you do but btc make sure you have money on the sidelines for the upcoming crash/correction this is just not normal or sustainable

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So basically tesla has the engineering advantage and a cult fanboy advantage. No wonder why it's almost 20 times the market cap of Ford. :shaq:
Tesla has a higher market cap than Facebook and last quarter Facebook generated more in profits than Tesla has in it's entire existence. We shouldn't extrapolate the market cap comparisons to mean that.
establishing EV brand loyalty through early entry into the market
Before Disney+ existed Netflix basically was the streaming market. In a year and a few months Disney+ has like 94 or so million subs. Netflix has like 200 million. It's feasible that a streaming service that didn't even exist 2 years ago will pass Netflix in subscriber count inside of 3-4 years. In 2014 if you looked at the streaming market would you have guessed in 2021 someone else would launch a streaming service and inside a year it would add almost half Netflix's sub count and Netflix has been doing this since 2007.

Right now electric cars are a niche market. They are a sliver of total car sales. To act like Telsa will own most if not all of it because they dominate the market in it's current state is a mistake. There is still a lot of runway ahead of us before the electric car market fully takes off. Nothing is set in stone.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
not that BTC won't dip, but hard to see crashes with more institutions being bought in by the day. might just be the beginnings of a new normal for BTC

BTC with a 1T market cap now and gold is like 11T. A lot easier for an average person to store value in and exchange btc for something than gold which will always have to pass through fiat in the end. Wouldn't be surprised if it corrected upward rather than downward looking from a 30k ft view..

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Byoc made me 20k before tanked today Just hopped in WHEN at .0035 around 230 and by end of day i was up 4k

I'll keep taking these 20-30k gains. I know soon enough im gonna put my whole portfolio in one otc and see what happens. Russian roulette baby
What’s your process for finding these?

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
they are 10 year behind in chips which is far more important than how the car feels inside out.

https___s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com_psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4_images__aliases_articleimage_2_6_0_4_24974062-1-eng-GB_20200213-TeslaPix-img.jpg

Tesla Teardown Reveals It Is Miles Ahead Of The Competition In Technology

You can find me 100 auto reviews and they won't ever tell you what's really going on INSIDE of these cars. They are CAR reviewers.

Munro is an engineering expert.
Munro & Associates, Inc. | Home of Lean Design and Design Profit

and all these nice chips, battery advantages and etc, has no impact on how the car looks and drives! so of course other brands will continue to make nice cars.

So basically you are just looking at Tesla as just another car company which clearly isn't.

according to this article 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW.
Tesla teardown finds electronics 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW

they shared their findings with an engineer employed by a major Japanese automaker and basically threw the towel. They saw what Tesla is doing and realized they can't do it.

Teardown Finds Tesla Is 6 Years (At Least) Ahead Of The Competition

And this is a critical info. Any companies with $ can do what tesla is doing which will take some time.

But then Tesla don't stand still. they will continue to move ahead.

Nice vid of Munro's comment break down.

(mention of rare earth materials here - which is one of the reason why i'm invested in MP)

Munro Mentions
10 years of ahead of housing
10 years of ahead of casting
5 years ahead of electric motor design

again, these don't show up in car reviews. you can test drive any recent EVs and i'm sure they are nice.

listen to the part where he talks about Audi who makes fine cars. that's the problem with these great car companies. They are in their own ways. They can't make changes fast. he was talking about Audi Etron i think and how they didn't make any changes in 3 years because they can't. a great idea dies. and i'm sure etron is a nice car. it's a damn audi. it's an impeccable machine on a shallow surface.

Tesla on the other hand makes improvements every damn year. Tesla doesn't stand still. they aren't going to wait for other companies to catch up.

companies like Ford and GM are pretty fukked IMO. i highly doubt they will ever recreate their brand image. it doesn't matter the new Hummer EV is nice or not. they should've done this 10 years ago. basically it really doesn't matter if Blackberry or Nokia come out with an awesome Galaxy/Iphone alternative. they should've done it 10 years ago.

Here is a VW admitting Tesla having a 10 year head start.
Volkswagen admits to Tesla's 10-year headstart in the electric car race

Whatever the nice cars they make, Tesla will come out with something better very soon. Tesla's biggest moat is the speed of innovation. And every brands just have to play catch up.

I can vouch for all this, especially what you mentioned about their panel gaps on older models in a previous post. I'm not an engineer, but I do inspect them on a regular basis for repairs. As it stands right now they are well ahead of the competition when it comes to EV on the market now. The bang that you get for your buck technology wise vs other comparable ev's ain't really comparable right now, and it'll probably stay that way as long as Elon is running shyt. The bigger companies are very much slow moving in the innovation department tbh. Their just having to ramp up shyt now because Tesla is giving them a kick in the ass and they aren't tryna get left too far behind. Tesla's battery tech alone allows their cars to hold much more value than other vehicles when totaled even when they are utterly destroyed from an accident. The biggest issues I've noticed, at least in my field, is that they have horrible customer service when it comes to addressing issues with the car, and getting repairs done is a headache from both a timeframe and cost perspective as they have to be handled differently than most other cars due to the structure of the vehicle, the amount of sensors, and all the aluminum parts you have to deal with. But they've even made strides in all those areas in a pretty short amount of time. They'll always stay ahead of the pack, relative to their comparable groups, because they have an innovative forward thinking leader that's driving them. The other auto making behemoths can't say the same.

Oh, and panel gap issues are definitely not just a Tesla issue. Most of these factory made mass produced vehicles have them. It's just that most customers eyes aren't trained to notice them because you don't think about or look for that when you buy a new car. I'll never buy a Dodge because their shyt, along with their paint jobs, are typically sub par imo.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you. Tesla's advantage is largely overstated, once legacy car companies actually start making EVs they want to sell the gap is going to close quickly. So far car companies have largely been making shytty EVs on purpose and for emission reasons.

Porsche's first entry into EVs shows you that Tesla is not that far ahead.
That's because it's Porsche. They aren't gonna half step when they bring a product to market because they know who their clientele is. They're not competing with Ford, GM or Toyota per se. They're on a higher caliber. The bigger companies are slow when it comes to innovation and I don't think there's going to be a drastic change just because it's now ev their transitioning to. I'm not saying that to tell anyone to continue buying Tesla stock, but don't think that just because other companies are jumping into the EV pool that it's not a reason to remain bullish on the company. Their advantages will generally remain their advantages because of their leadership and motivations. As you mentioned these other companies were forced to go this route, so their drive to innovate and improve isn't the same. They'll get to the point where they are able to mass produce a decent ev that they can sell to the general consumer then get stagnant, until they're forced to do something else. Right now it's an arms race to show how great they can make that first "Tesla Killer", so the energy is different.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Tesla has a higher market cap than Facebook and last quarter Facebook generated more in profits than Tesla has in it's entire existence. We shouldn't extrapolate the market cap comparisons to mean that.

Before Disney+ existed Netflix basically was the streaming market. In a year and a few months Disney+ has like 94 or so million subs. Netflix has like 200 million. It's feasible that a streaming service that didn't even exist 2 years ago will pass Netflix in subscriber count inside of 3-4 years. In 2014 if you looked at the streaming market would you have guessed in 2021 someone else would launch a streaming service and inside a year it would add almost half Netflix's sub count and Netflix has been doing this since 2007.

Right now electric cars are a niche market. They are a sliver of total car sales. To act like Telsa will own most if not all of it because they dominate the market in it's current state is a mistake. There is still a lot of runway ahead of us before the electric car market fully takes off. Nothing is set in stone.

Tesla is positioning itself to be the leader in the market...they won't own the market per se

EV market is about $160B right now, will hit $800B within 5 to 7 yrs

if you have competitive advantages, were an early entrant, an innovator...you're gonna win, BIGLY

The question is how much of that $800B pie will Tesla get.

I get to see diff modeling scenarios on EVs. Folks are gonna beat themselves up for not investing in Tesla.

Luckily, I was wise enough to invest in Tesla, NIO, and CCIV. The writing is on the wall, word to Destiny Child.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's because it's Porsche. They aren't gonna half step when they bring a product to market because they know who their clientele is. They're not competing with Ford, GM or Toyota per se. They're on a higher caliber. The bigger companies are slow when it comes to innovation and I don't think there's going to be a drastic change just because it's now ev their transitioning to. I'm not saying that to tell anyone to continue buying Tesla stock, but don't think that just because other companies are jumping into the EV pool that it's not a reason to remain bullish on the company. Their advantages will generally remain their advantages because of their leadership and motivations. As you mentioned these other companies were forced to go this route, so their drive to innovate and improve isn't the same. They'll get to the point where they are able to mass produce a decent ev that they can sell to the general consumer then get stagnant, until they're forced to do something else. Right now it's an arms race to show how great they can make that first "Tesla Killer", so the energy is different.
It's not a matter of half stepping or not when you're supposed to be 5-10 years behind the market leader. At that level your product is so outdated the market is likely to ignore it unless you can come up with a gimmick. When someone that owns a decade ahead tech car gets in the outdated car and suggest it's better that's a huge disconnect from what's being said about it. When Tesla owners sit in that Ford and say it can favorably compare to a Model Y that's a disconnect.

None of this is to say Tesla won't be a market leader or even continue to be the market leader. It's to say these people dismissing all the possibilities of competitors closing that gap fast are likely in for a rude awakening when the market fills out.

This nobody can come close to Tesla talk is irrational. They can be touched and in all likelihood will be be competitors.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
imma buy a tesla one day just cuz elon made me hella money in AMC :yeshrug: Ford owner never did shyt for me :camby: :lolbron:
I want an EV in the future but I'm too cheap to likely ever buy one. Nice cars but I just find it hard to put so much into something that loses you money.

Paid $17000 in Oct 2019
Screenshot-20210220-105047-Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
What’s your process for finding these?
Volume if I catch it that day like with ecez. And then just going on Twitter and seeing what folks are saying. Twitter is an underrated tool. If I see enough people talking about a stock and it hasn't run yet, I look into it and then go in with a minimum 10k position. Like with WHEN shyt tanked out for no reason really but than I was reading about how they just put the former head of mossad security as their president. So I bought

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
:palm::palm:
Both, but if i have to choose then i would buy the real thing.

@Mac Milli
I’ve been loading up on block coin ETFs. Specifically BLCN. I feel too late with Bitcoin but who knows, I just like the more stable esa of the ETF.

There’s actually a new Bitcoin ETF that just dropped called BTCC, it’s not on Robinhood yet tho

sorry quoting you @FabTrey i just don’t want to go back to find this.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Volume if I catch it that day like with ecez. And then just going on Twitter and seeing what folks are saying. Twitter is an underrated tool. If I see enough people talking about a stock and it hasn't run yet, I look into it and then go in with a minimum 10k position. Like with WHEN shyt tanked out for no reason really but than I was reading about how they just put the former head of mossad security as their president. So I bought
Ok, you @Chrishaune and my manager all have a very similar approach. Seems to be the way to catch these