Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
This is a Tesla owner in that Ford impressed with it.

They simply aren't 10 years behind Tesla. I'm not really one to jump on a 1st generation car but give it a few years.

By the time electric cars can become mainstream I have no doubt those will be worthwhile. Hell they probably are now if people that own and have driven Tesla cars can walk away impressed.

they are 10 year behind in chips which is far more important than how the car feels inside out.

https___s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com_psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4_images__aliases_articleimage_2_6_0_4_24974062-1-eng-GB_20200213-TeslaPix-img.jpg

When it comes to electronic parts, these industry giants have contracts and dedicated supply lines for electronic control units (ECU). Most cars currently have a complicated web of ECU's that control different systems. By contrast, Tesla, uses only the two chips. The issue that comes up with these ECU webs is these larger companies feel pressured to continue with the current design, as switching to less chips would involve significant manufacturing changes as well as contractural renegotiation with ECU suppliers who stand to lose significant money in such a change.

Tesla Teardown Reveals It Is Miles Ahead Of The Competition In Technology

You can find me 100 auto reviews and they won't ever tell you what's really going on INSIDE of these cars. They are CAR reviewers.

Munro is an engineering expert.
Munro & Associates, Inc. | Home of Lean Design and Design Profit

and all these nice chips, battery advantages and etc, has no impact on how the car looks and drives! so of course other brands will continue to make nice cars.

So basically you are just looking at Tesla as just another car company which clearly isn't.

according to this article 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW.
Tesla teardown finds electronics 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW

they shared their findings with an engineer employed by a major Japanese automaker and basically threw the towel. They saw what Tesla is doing and realized they can't do it.

All other companies use multiple electronic control units — some have 20 or more. Tesla uses one. Automakers worry that computers like Tesla’s will make the supply chains they have cultivated over decades obsolete. Tesla is not shackled to outside suppliers and so it is free to pursue the best technologies available. Put another way, the supply chains that have helped today’s auto giants grow are now beginning to hamper their ability to innovate, Asia Nikkei says.

Teardown Finds Tesla Is 6 Years (At Least) Ahead Of The Competition

And this is a critical info. Any companies with $ can do what tesla is doing which will take some time.
“From software to electric drive systems, Tesla is steadily bringing more development tasks in-house,” says Asia Nikkei. “If this strategy succeeds, competitors will have little choice but to follow suit, upending their old business models and supply chains as they try to overcome Tesla’s head start.” Industry insiders expect such technology to become widely available by 2025 at the earliest. In theory, there should be nothing preventing Toyota or Volkswagen from creating similar AI computer systems earlier than 2025 considering their immense financial resources and vast talent pools, except for the issue of reconfiguring their long standing working relationship with their supply network.

But then Tesla don't stand still. they will continue to move ahead.

Nice vid of Munro's comment break down.

(mention of rare earth materials here - which is one of the reason why i'm invested in MP)

Munro Mentions
10 years of ahead of housing
10 years of ahead of casting
5 years ahead of electric motor design

again, these don't show up in car reviews. you can test drive any recent EVs and i'm sure they are nice.

listen to the part where he talks about Audi who makes fine cars. that's the problem with these great car companies. They are in their own ways. They can't make changes fast. he was talking about Audi Etron i think and how they didn't make any changes in 3 years because they can't. a great idea dies. and i'm sure etron is a nice car. it's a damn audi. it's an impeccable machine on a shallow surface.

Tesla on the other hand makes improvements every damn year. Tesla doesn't stand still. they aren't going to wait for other companies to catch up.

companies like Ford and GM are pretty fukked IMO. i highly doubt they will ever recreate their brand image. it doesn't matter the new Hummer EV is nice or not. they should've done this 10 years ago. basically it really doesn't matter if Blackberry or Nokia come out with an awesome Galaxy/Iphone alternative. they should've done it 10 years ago.

Here is a VW admitting Tesla having a 10 year head start.
Volkswagen admits to Tesla's 10-year headstart in the electric car race

Whatever the nice cars they make, Tesla will come out with something better very soon. Tesla's biggest moat is the speed of innovation. And every brands just have to play catch up.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This is a Tesla owner in that Ford impressed with it.

They simply aren't 10 years behind Tesla. I'm not really one to jump on a 1st generation car but give it a few years.

By the time electric cars can become mainstream I have no doubt those will be worthwhile. Hell they probably are now if people that own and have driven Tesla cars can walk away impressed.

I agree with you. Tesla's advantage is largely overstated, once legacy car companies actually start making EVs they want to sell the gap is going to close quickly. So far car companies have largely been making shytty EVs on purpose and for emission reasons.

Porsche's first entry into EVs shows you that Tesla is not that far ahead.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The otc life is just way too addicting, idk if I can go back to regular stocks:wow:

Only got tsla and pacb, waiting on that roblox.

The gains I've seen the past 3 weeks dwarfs my past year before it. shyt is eye opening. :whoo:
Which otc you been looking at?

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
'this car represents continuous improvements' :mjgrin:

that's the difference between tesla and the competition.
You won't see it on a shallow surface.

recent model 3 breakdown. fit & finish has gotten better, but still trash.

Munro trashing model 3 back in 2018. so he is not biased. he has no reason to.

and TSLA stock holders wet dream:youngsabo:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
'this car represents continuous improvements' :mjgrin:

that's the difference between tesla and the competition.
You won't see it on a shallow surface.

recent model 3 breakdown. fit & finish has gotten better, but still trash.

Munro trashing model 3 back in 2018. so he is not biased. he has no reason to.

and TSLA stock holders wet dream:youngsabo:

I remember when iPhone was AT&T exclusive and there was no phone on the market like it. The G1 came out and the rest is history.

Today many Android phones are flat out better featured than the iPhone.

The value isn't in who is years ahead its in who has the following. Elon has that Apple like following. The delusional Tesla fanboys like the delusional Apple fanboys are why I invest in Tesla now.

Apple's cult propel them to one of the highest market caps in the market. Go in The Arcadium and see, many posters there will trash the iPhone and say it's an inferior product. Despite this Apple reigns supreme in the market.

I'm more interested in how Tesla customers behave than these alleged tech advances that are supposed to be a decade out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
they are 10 year behind in chips which is far more important than how the car feels inside out.

https___s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com_psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4_images__aliases_articleimage_2_6_0_4_24974062-1-eng-GB_20200213-TeslaPix-img.jpg

Tesla Teardown Reveals It Is Miles Ahead Of The Competition In Technology

You can find me 100 auto reviews and they won't ever tell you what's really going on INSIDE of these cars. They are CAR reviewers.

Munro is an engineering expert.
Munro & Associates, Inc. | Home of Lean Design and Design Profit

and all these nice chips, battery advantages and etc, has no impact on how the car looks and drives! so of course other brands will continue to make nice cars.

So basically you are just looking at Tesla as just another car company which clearly isn't.

according to this article 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW.
Tesla teardown finds electronics 6 years ahead of Toyota and VW

they shared their findings with an engineer employed by a major Japanese automaker and basically threw the towel. They saw what Tesla is doing and realized they can't do it.

Teardown Finds Tesla Is 6 Years (At Least) Ahead Of The Competition

And this is a critical info. Any companies with $ can do what tesla is doing which will take some time.

But then Tesla don't stand still. they will continue to move ahead.

Nice vid of Munro's comment break down.

(mention of rare earth materials here - which is one of the reason why i'm invested in MP)

Munro Mentions
10 years of ahead of housing
10 years of ahead of casting
5 years ahead of electric motor design

again, these don't show up in car reviews. you can test drive any recent EVs and i'm sure they are nice.

listen to the part where he talks about Audi who makes fine cars. that's the problem with these great car companies. They are in their own ways. They can't make changes fast. he was talking about Audi Etron i think and how they didn't make any changes in 3 years because they can't. a great idea dies. and i'm sure etron is a nice car. it's a damn audi. it's an impeccable machine on a shallow surface.

Tesla on the other hand makes improvements every damn year. Tesla doesn't stand still. they aren't going to wait for other companies to catch up.

companies like Ford and GM are pretty fukked IMO. i highly doubt they will ever recreate their brand image. it doesn't matter the new Hummer EV is nice or not. they should've done this 10 years ago. basically it really doesn't matter if Blackberry or Nokia come out with an awesome Galaxy/Iphone alternative. they should've done it 10 years ago.

Here is a VW admitting Tesla having a 10 year head start.
Volkswagen admits to Tesla's 10-year headstart in the electric car race

Whatever the nice cars they make, Tesla will come out with something better very soon. Tesla's biggest moat is the speed of innovation. And every brands just have to play catch up.

The problem is you're deferring to an expert when car buyers aren't experts. My simple ass looks at that Ford and I see what I feel is a nice car. I would consider that Ford and I think that Ford right now would turn more heads and garner more questions from me as an owner than a Tesla would.

The buyer doesn't care about all the insides they just use their simple mind to look at the end product. If Ford can get that range up a bit to the average buyer there's not a difference.

Having a better featured product with more advanced tech doesn't mean you win the day. I'm a gamer and a fair amount of the time the system with the inferior tech specs goes on to sell the most. The iPhone is far more restricted and usually is behind on features and is arguably inferior to many flagship Android phones some even cost less. Doesn't matter Apple still does well.

So yeah that guy might be an expert buy most buyers aren't. People voted for Trump. Don't overestimate their intelligence.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I remember when iPhone was AT&T exclusive and there was no phone on the market like it. The G1 came out and the rest is history.

Today many Android phones are flat out better featured than the iPhone.

The value isn't in who is years ahead its in who has the following. Elon has that Apple like following. The delusional Tesla fanboys like the delusional Apple fanboys are why I invest in Tesla now.

Apple's cult propel them to one of the highest market caps in the market. Go in The Arcadium and see, many posters there will trash the iPhone and say it's an inferior product. Despite this Apple reigns supreme in the market.

I'm more interested in how Tesla customers behave than these alleged tech advances that are supposed to be a decade out.

So now you are calling a renowned engineering expert a fanboy? :ohhh:

But I do agree the cult is real. That's the power of the brand.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So now you are calling a renowned engineering expert a fanboy? :ohhh:

But I do agree the cult is real. That's the power of the brand.
No I'm saying a renowned engineer sees things from the perspective of an engineer. What he appreciates the common man on the street might not even perceive. As an expert in engineering he can pick out things the average person doesn't even know exist.

The most important aspect of Tesla is the cult. As it grows before competitors get on their feet that will determine everything. You don't need the best product to win out. It probably won't hurt you to have it but the better made product doesn't always win.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
The problem is you're deferring to an expert when car buyers aren't experts. My simple ass looks at that Ford and I see what I feel is a nice car. I would consider that Ford and I think that Ford right now would turn more heads and garner more questions from me as an owner than a Tesla would.

The buyer doesn't care about all the insides they just use their simple mind to look at the end product. If Ford can get that range up a bit to the average buyer there's not a difference.

Having a better featured product with more advanced tech doesn't mean you win the day. I'm a gamer and a fair amount of the time the system with the inferior tech specs goes on to sell the most. The iPhone is far more restricted and usually is behind on features and is arguably inferior to many flagship Android phones some even cost less. Doesn't matter Apple still does well.

So yeah that guy might be an expert buy most buyers aren't. People voted for Trump. Don't overestimate their intelligence.

'Brand is not what you say it is. It is what they say it is.' Marty Neumeier

Ford will always be a Ford. It doesn't matter what they do. They will always be an american car company. That's why they aren't a threat. Like you said Apple fanboys will always buy iphone.

Tesla's advantage isn't just some nerdy fanboy stuff. There is a reason why we are seeing so many damn teslas on the road. It's the power of the brand. It is defintely a cult which to me is the most important advantage.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
No I'm saying a renowned engineer sees things from the perspective of an engineer. What he appreciates the common man on the street might not even perceive. As an expert in engineering he can pick out things the average person doesn't even know exist.

The most important aspect of Tesla is the cult. As it grows before competitors get on their feet that will determine everything. You don't need the best product to win out. It probably won't hurt you to have it but the better made product doesn't always win.

So basically tesla has the engineering advantage and a cult fanboy advantage. No wonder why it's almost 20 times the market cap of Ford. :shaq:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
'Brand is not what you say it is. It is what they say it is.' Marty Neumeier

Ford will always be a Ford. It doesn't matter what they do. They will always be an american car company. That's why they aren't a threat. Like you said Apple fanboys will always buy iphone.

Tesla's advantage isn't just some nerdy fanboy stuff. There is a reason why we are seeing so many damn teslas on the road. It's the power of the brand. It is defintely a cult which to me is the most important advantage.

establishing EV brand loyalty through early entry into the market