Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That 14% isn't telling the story really.. it passed $100/share back in mid December so we are talking about it trading sideways for 3 months

you probably can toss that and the bushes and check out something else. For all we know the industry could just be sideways I was surprised they didn’t add bngo also.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That 14% isn't telling the story really.. it passed $100/share back in mid December so we are talking about it trading sideways for 3 months
you're better than this...:gucci:

8 of their top 10 holdings are either down completely this year or down from Jan highs...yet they still put up 14% YTD.

biotech/pharma is a volatile sector, i don't see how someone invests in a bio fund that's heavily weighted toward a speculative genomic sector and expect it to consistently go up (rapidly). as i've said before, it's the reason i don't invest in individual stocks in this sector, it's boom or bust way too easily. furthermore a quarter of trading sideways, hell even a year, is a drop in the bucket when looking at the long term horizon for the fund, the biotech/genomic industry, and the expected performance of its holdings.

lastly, yes, ARK funds have been :rocket: the past 3 years, but the goal of the fund is to average 20%...expectations have been set, don't expect 150% YoY
Takeover Battle Subsides as Cathie Wood's Ark Targets 20% ETF Returns | ThinkAdvisor

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i would get rid of it ASAP and just hold on to those 5. and you don't have to thank me later. just thank TSLA. :mjgrin:

you must be old as hell if you think you can't beat a damn mutual funds
no, im not ashamed to say i dont think i can beat a tech mutual fund that puts up 68 percent in a year :dead:

what are you, gassed off tesla? :mjlol: you think teslas just gonna keep growing the same pace it did the past couple years? shyt is gonna plateau as a blue chip

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i completely gave up on individual stocks, im not gonna beat Fidelity's fund managers/time in the market :dead: it was high time for me to realize that fact

i picked the 5 best performing large cap/tech/biotech mutual funds (FSPTX up 68 percent in the last year :banderas:) and im just dollar cost averaging into them every week til im out of sideline money, so about june

keeping my 5 favorite long term stocks, and 5 mutual funds, and thats it

FNCMX - Nasdaq
FSPTX - Tech
FBIOX - Biotech
FBGRX - Blue Chip
FSPGX - Large Cap

then i held onto

Apple
Tesla
Square
Nvidia
Chewy

and liquidated everything else. nice clean portfolio to look at :obama:
You should listen to this audiobook. I timed it for the relevant portion.

Fund managers are easily beatable.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
not by me. but we all know theres a lotta bull market geniuses in here tho :dead::salute:
Fund managers are limited in that they can't invest in small cap companies. Most of them barely beat the market on average. As a small investor you can invest in smaller cap companies and get way more growth than they can.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fund managers are limited in that they can't invest in small cap companies. Most of them barely beat the market on average. As a small investor you can invest in smaller cap companies and get way more growth than they can.
then why do you do dividend investing :why:shouldnt you be out here crushing cathie?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
and easily end up red....for every genius small cap that get notoriety, a lot of investors are researching and investing in what looks like a great pick and wiping out.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yall believe only 15% of RH is using options? I thought it be higher

I believe it. I got co-workers who have the app because it's UI friendly and aren't really into stocks like that but just buy a few companies that they know like Apple and Netflix and chill out.

Being in threads like these/reddit/twitter will have you thinking everybody and their mother is trading weekly options

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe it. I got co-workers who have the app because it's UI friendly and aren't really into stocks like that but just buy a few companies that they know like Apple and Netflix and chill out.

Being in threads like these/reddit/twitter will have you thinking everybody and their mother is trading weekly options
The discourse around stocks offline is like that too.
There are folks who speak as if they're Michael Burry with the investment game and their job
is actually a side job.

Many people just want to speak on it because it's trendy not necessarily because they plan to heavily invest in this
activity over the next 30 years or more.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol: now FRX wants to go. I had a sell limit order to basically make 10% on my warrants since it didn't pop day one, I figured the market thought the target was a dud. :to: missed out on extra 25+%

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
The discourse around stocks offline is like that too.
There are folks who speak as if they're Michael Burry with the investment game and their job
is actually a side job.

Many people just want to speak on it because it's trendy not necessarily because they plan to heavily invest in this
activity over the next 30 years or more.
I got coworkers buying 2-3 mid-cap stocks at a time bragging to me because it went up $2-5 :mjlol: