Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Don’t know how many of you got signed up for ark’s emails about big gainers and losers. I didn’t jump into any of these, pacb being the big miss.

CM Life Sciences (CMLF), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), surged 15% on Friday after announcing its plan to combine with Sema4, a population-scale health intelligence company. Unlike many legacy molecular diagnostics companies, Sema4 has focused on developing a platform instead of a diagnostic product. In our view, Sema4's genomics acumen, epidemiological expertise, and emphasis on longitudinal patient care should yield a more engaging and effective experience for large health systems. Studying patient transitions from health to illness across large and diverse groups, Sema4 should be able to help physicians intervene before diseases become intractable.

Pacific Biosciences (PACB), a leader in highly accurate and comprehensive DNA, RNA, and epigenetic sequencing, traded up 16% on Wednesday after disclosing that Softbank had invested $900 million via convertible debt. In our view, Softbank’s investment will allow PacBio to accelerate the cost- and price-decline of its highly accurate long-read technology (HiFi), pursue a more aggressive R&D schedule, and drive commercialization efforts faster than otherwise would be the case. HiFi sequencing should become the standard for whole genome sequencing across clinical, research, and population efforts, thanks to its accuracy, ability to phase mutations to maternal or paternal haplotypes, comprehensive variant detection, and native epigenetic detection. Though more expensive than short-read sequencing, the value of HiFi-sequenced genomes seems to be higher. As PacBio drives down prices and increases system throughput, many applications are likely to migrate to HiFi technology.

Longview Acquisition Corporation (LGVW), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) that is acquiring Butterfly Network, closed up 18% on Monday. In our view, investors and speculators are building positions prior to the consummation of the merger on or around February 16th. Butterfly is a medical technology company focused on democratizing access to point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) devices. Unlike other centralized and handheld POCUS instruments, Butterfly's technology uses a proprietary semiconductor-based, AI-assisted ultrasound system instead of a system based on piezoelectric crystals. Butterfly's technology seems to be a more cost-effective, robust, and differentiated tool for medical imaging.

Gates called me yesterday told me to buy Longview shares

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you buy a SPAC after it IPOs for the $10 it's basically a mystery box. Sure you have some names of people involved but you have no idea where it's going until further info comes out. You could buy an IPOE or a CCIV or you could get a kinda dud like IPOC that slightly goes up but not like the good ones. Also the sponsor has incentive to go public with whoever, even a trash company because at least they get something over nothing. Really could be a garbage pick just because the better ones didn't pan out.

You might as well be betting on a horse race.
Not everything has to be an IPOE/CCIV, pretty much every spac goes through the same cycles. If you get in at 10, it goes to 12 a few months on rumor of talks about beginning to find a target, you’re up 20% and can exit. You can get warrants below a dollar and sell them for two...all of them arent about knocking it out the park or sitting on a spac with the hottest target. That’s why you get in at the bottom and flip even the inevitable $2-3 rise that happens at some point.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If you buy a SPAC after it IPOs for the $10 it's basically a mystery box. Sure you have some names of people involved but you have no idea where it's going until further info comes out. You could buy an IPOE or a CCIV or you could get a kinda dud like IPOC that slightly goes up but not like the good ones. Also the sponsor has incentive to go public with whoever, even a trash company because at least they get something over nothing. Really could be a garbage pick just because the better ones didn't pan out.

You might as well be betting on a horse race.

Breh i made like 70% profit on IPOC, how is that a dud lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Because CCIV is up 290%. Because SBE is up 276%. Being up 70% is a gain but in comparison to what's going on out there it's nothing.
You’re trippin, the Spacs that hit 100%+ are far from the norm. That’s like diminishing the returns of AAPL because it’s not 2020 TSLA returns ...that’s an anomaly.

I bought IPOC for 11 something and sold above 16, got 55% on my investment that I only held for 3 weeks. Please tell me what game other than pennies and options where you can sit on something speculative for 2-8 weeks and clear a 20-50% profit with close to certainty?

People are 5x their IRA’s literally rolling spac to spac taking little 20-30% gains. YOU DONT NEED A CCIV TO BE SUCCESSFUL FLIPPING SPACS.

not sure why you keep missing the point on this

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think people are appreciating the time we are living in with regards to this market. Various sectors are running, some have ran more than once.

With all the money flooding the market there are so many ways to make money..

SPACs is one of the easier ways to do it..

It will not always be this simple. Be smart, know what you are doing, ask questions but also you gotta be somewhat aggressive.

When the market is mehh all over you'll be like damn id like to have some big gainers right about now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because CCIV is up 290%. Because SBE is up 276%. Being up 70% is a gain but in comparison to what's going on out there it's nothing.

lol at you pretending to turn your nose up at a 70% gain when you just said this earlier today...

He's not wrong. It's why 60% of my stocks are solid stable blue chip companies. There's a lot of greed going right now...

...stop trolling :heh:

you’re all over the place...you’re slamming 70% returns as an ‘L’ while being excited about achieving minimal gains with blue chip stocks then on the same note chide folks for being greedy while treating a 70% gain as abysmal bcuz there are other SPACs reaching almost 300%

shyt is confusing...it’s like you’re attempting to argue that SPACs are too “risky” to try and earn “only” 20-70% bcuz there are other SPACs that hit as high as 270% so instead you want to settle for blue chip stocks...doesn’t make sense lol

...and please believe anything that youtuber says benefits him primarily and his subscribers are secondary...pretty sure he’d prefer it if his 170k subscribers follow his picks than go looking into SPACs on their own...but lemme go back and listen to his take out of fairness before I rush to judgment on what his angle is

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not wrong. It's why 60% of my stocks are solid stable blue chip companies. There's a lot of greed going right now and people with nothing but risky growth stocks. This just isn't gonna last forever and like the GME situation people gonna get caught with their pants down.

I’m about a quarter of the way thru and I do agree that the space can and will become oversaturated and at some point everyone will have the same “bright” idea and run to SPACs as soon as they drop making it harder to get into good ones at $10ish...I’ll continue to watch bcuz I still don’t get how you came to the extreme conclusion that you did...at some point it probably will require more “sophistication” to sniff out good SPACs if more and more retail investors start looking in that direction but to compare the future of SPACs to the GME situation is inaccurate...not sure if he made that comparison or if you just came up with that on your own...take the tech IPO anecdote he shares at the beginning...a solid tech IPO is still gonna be a great investment opportunity regardless despite the dotcom bubble fiasco he was referring to

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

wrapping up the video now...he gave a fair/realistic evaluation of where he sees SPACs now and where he thinks they’re going in a year or two and what could potentially happen in a bear market albeit in a roundabout way with a lot of dumbing things down, but I don’t see how @winb83 came to the conclusions he did...in a nutshell it’s not always going to seem like shooting fish in a barrel but they will be around for quite some time as many great companies are going the SPAC route...that is essentially his take and he kinda provided you with what you should look for if you’re buying into SPACs and just gave some warning signs to look out for the next 6-12 months which could be applicable to a lot of stocks truth be told and not just SPACs

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
lol at you pretending to turn your nose up at a 70% gain when you just said this earlier today...

...stop trolling :heh:
rmdSx.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
it's good to have this back and forth discussion, i just don't see these 'risks' that dudes are talkin about with SPACs right now. i have a gameplan and i stick to it.

i'm trying to help people out.. i'm certainly not trying to claim to be smarter than anyone else but i have followed SPACs damn near religiously since they started really blowing up around April/May of last year and i'm pleased with the results.

Jeremy is a very smart guy he's turned himself into a multi millionaire, i agree with a lot of what he says but on the SPAC issue i'm just not concerned at this point :manny: