Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
this my first year reporting taxes for my investments:flabbynsick:
its just the 1099 per brokerage that we needs correct for short/long term capital gains and dividends gained in the year:lupe:

sidenote how they tax my dividends:heh:, i dont even sell them for a gain since i reinvest back into the company. IRS can kiss my azz:camby:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this my first year reporting taxes for my investments:flabbynsick:
its just the 1099 per brokerage that we needs correct for short/long term capital gains and dividends gained in the year:lupe:

sidenote how they tax my dividends:heh:, i dont even sell them for a gain since i reinvest back into the company. IRS can kiss my azz:camby:
Tax time have everyone looking real :mjpls:

that’s why I laugh @ all this lets pay more taxes for free this and free that. It sounds good but what generation is gonna be the one to pull the trigger on “yea, take 15% more of my pay :smile:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He's not wrong. It's why 60% of my stocks are solid stable blue chip companies. There's a lot of greed going right now and people with nothing but risky growth stocks. This just isn't gonna last forever and like the GME situation people gonna get caught with their pants down.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
SPACs are the wrong thing to be attacking imo..

What's the risk? You get in close to ten and it eliminates nearly all of the risk..

The upside far outweighs everything else.

The average SPAC investor is seeing 40% gains.. that's just the average..

Many many more are seeing incredible gains.

There's a strategy to it, but if you stick to that strategy then you'll do well.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
SPACs are the wrong thing to be attacking imo..

What's the risk? You get in close to ten and it eliminates nearly all of the risk..

The upside far outweighs everything else.

The average SPAC investor is seeing 40% gains.. that's just the average..

Many many more are seeing incredible gains.

There's a strategy to it, but if you stick to that strategy then you'll do well.
If you get in @ $10 but let's be real the majority get in on a rumor of a target or after the target is announced. Unless you pile into them all early it's gonna be difficult to get a true winner at the $10.

The 2 I bought if they fall apart I'm losing at least half on both.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If you get in @ $10 but let's be real the majority get in on a rumor of a target or after the target is announced. Unless you pile into them all early it's gonna be difficult to get a true winner at the $10.

Which are you in? IPOE and CCIV right?

So with IPOE it's worth it to hop in at $17 because if you research SoFi you know it's a good company..

CCIV I first heard a tickling of a rumor from @Kal El and I looked into it and said hey it's still at 13 and change or 14, I added up to my cost basis it sits at 14 and change...

My strategy was get in asap and see if the rumors turn to something more concrete and if not, you can average down pretty easily from 14 or cut ties, you still know that the floor is ten.

There's just not that much risk for me to get concerned.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Unless you pile into them all early it's gonna be difficult to get a true winner at the $10.

You gotta look into the management teams and how big the fund is and what sector they are targeting. At that point you are betting on the team.

But it's not even really betting because it can't go much below ten so it's more like a savings account. You hold some money in there until you hear news.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You gotta look into the management teams and how big the fund is and what sector they are targeting. At that point you are betting on the team.

But it's not even really betting because it can't go much below ten so it's more like a savings account. You hold some money in there until you hear news.

It is betting because the opportunity cost of picking one means you didn't pick a different one that could blow up more. If IPOD, IPOE, and IPOF all came out and I picked IPOF who is to say I didn't pick the loser of that group? Who is to say I didn't pick the winner?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is betting because the opportunity cost of picking one means you didn't pick a different one that could blow up more. If IPOD, IPOE, and IPOF all came out and I picked IPOF who is to say I didn't pick the loser of that group? Who is to say I didn't pick the winner?

if you got in any of those at $10 then you’re up at least 50% so one can argue they’re all winners...but “no” you can’t pick the best one every time...so what? no one ever does...also why are you assuming it’s an either or situation...there are definitely folks invested in all 3

my plan revolves heavily around SPACs...the biggest “negative” factor for me is time bcuz I’m impatient...but a decent amount of SPACs are doing 1.5x if you get in at $10 just off of the person/team they’re affiliated with before a merging company is even announced

I just wished I had developed the walk don’t run mentality a little sooner instead of playing with pennies since I don’t know how much longer this “trend”/excitement for SPACs will continue

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Actually, the majority of people who are playing Spacs for the flip get in after their IPO (close to NAV). Go visit the Reddit spac forum, those dudes are sitting on Spacs as soon as they announce. That’s not the best either as you money can sit stagnant for months to a year plus, but people chasing Spacs only happens with the handful that seem like no brainers to hold after merger. Most Spacs you can sit on commons or warrants and sell for 20-100% profits in relatively little time.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Don’t know how many of you got signed up for ark’s emails about big gainers and losers. I didn’t jump into any of these directly, pacb being the big miss. I got arkg though.

CM Life Sciences (CMLF), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), surged 15% on Friday after announcing its plan to combine with Sema4, a population-scale health intelligence company. Unlike many legacy molecular diagnostics companies, Sema4 has focused on developing a platform instead of a diagnostic product. In our view, Sema4's genomics acumen, epidemiological expertise, and emphasis on longitudinal patient care should yield a more engaging and effective experience for large health systems. Studying patient transitions from health to illness across large and diverse groups, Sema4 should be able to help physicians intervene before diseases become intractable.

Pacific Biosciences (PACB), a leader in highly accurate and comprehensive DNA, RNA, and epigenetic sequencing, traded up 16% on Wednesday after disclosing that Softbank had invested $900 million via convertible debt. In our view, Softbank’s investment will allow PacBio to accelerate the cost- and price-decline of its highly accurate long-read technology (HiFi), pursue a more aggressive R&D schedule, and drive commercialization efforts faster than otherwise would be the case. HiFi sequencing should become the standard for whole genome sequencing across clinical, research, and population efforts, thanks to its accuracy, ability to phase mutations to maternal or paternal haplotypes, comprehensive variant detection, and native epigenetic detection. Though more expensive than short-read sequencing, the value of HiFi-sequenced genomes seems to be higher. As PacBio drives down prices and increases system throughput, many applications are likely to migrate to HiFi technology.

Longview Acquisition Corporation (LGVW), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) that is acquiring Butterfly Network, closed up 18% on Monday. In our view, investors and speculators are building positions prior to the consummation of the merger on or around February 16th. Butterfly is a medical technology company focused on democratizing access to point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) devices. Unlike other centralized and handheld POCUS instruments, Butterfly's technology uses a proprietary semiconductor-based, AI-assisted ultrasound system instead of a system based on piezoelectric crystals. Butterfly's technology seems to be a more cost-effective, robust, and differentiated tool for medical imaging.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Actually, the majority of people who are playing Spacs for the flip get in after their IPO (close to NAV). Go visit the Reddit spac forum, those dudes are sitting on Spacs as soon as they announce. That’s not the best either as you money can sit stagnant for months to a year plus, but people chasing Spacs only happens with the handful that seem like no brainers to hold after merger. Most Spacs you can sit on commons or warrants and sell for 20-100% profits in relatively little time.
If you buy a SPAC after it IPOs for the $10 it's basically a mystery box. Sure you have some names of people involved but you have no idea where it's going until further info comes out. You could buy an IPOE or a CCIV or you could get a kinda dud like IPOC that slightly goes up but not like the good ones. Also the sponsor has incentive to go public with whoever, even a trash company because at least they get something over nothing. Really could be a garbage pick just because the better ones didn't pan out.

You might as well be betting on a horse race.