Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i own more ETH than BTC but this criticism is wack and feels like it's written by someone who knows nothing about crypto. there is 0% chance that a majority of miners agree to raise the supply. the 21 million limit is the most important driver of its value. and how is buying RIOT better than directly investing in BTC? their value is directly derived from mining bitcoin, and the only way they can make money is through buying incredibly large quantities of hardware that will be obsolete within a year. there are other risks too... what are these companies gonna do if proof-of-work mining becomes obsolete and we move to proof of stake like ETH is? worse is that any company can get into the bitcoin mining game easily, it's not like any of the technology is proprietary. these mining companies gonna have a lot of competition in the future, and it's not clear that they are the ones who'll survive. long-term, i'd rather bet on BTC itself, which at this point is a proven store of value, than any individual company.

of course things can change for MARA/Riot but as of right now look at the returns they are giving you... BTC anyone getting in now may have missed real action or will be waiting it out. i can see you getting a better return on ETH. MARA was up what 40% today? when BTC moves MARA and riot are through the roof.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Fams,

hold on your crytpos. you can take profits if needed, but i feel like cryptos are a perfect for dollar cost average. If you are an actual btc/eth holder then it ain't about the profits. it's about how many you got.

RIOT/MARA gang - dip is coming at anytime, but don't panic. 2021 is all about cryptos. Yes, there is a SEC fukkery risk. but i'll keep it till 5x no matter what.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Fams,

hold on your crytpos. you can take profits if needed, but i feel like cryptos are a perfect for dollar cost average. If you are an actual btc/eth holder then it ain't about the profits. it's about how many you got.

RIOT/MARA gang - dip is coming at anytime, but don't panic. 2021 is all about cryptos. Yes, there is a SEC fukkery risk. but i'll keep it till 5x no matter what.
you're holding onto dogecoin?

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
it don't make sense buying riot or mara because if bitcoin drops heavy and maintains that drop for a long time it means that yall would be holding the bag on mara and riot. i personally think its better buying it directly.

on the other hand tesla is surely a golden stock, it's now a essentially also a crypto stock:wow:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it don't make sense buying riot or mara because if bitcoin drops heavy and maintains that drop for a long time it means that yall would be holding the bag on mara and riot. i personally think its better buying it directly.

on the other hand tesla is surely a golden stock, it's now a essentially also a crypto stock:wow:

The other thing is we all know some other companies will likely also follow TSLA and purchase some btc as well.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
MARA ended up $4 more AH. Just opened another account and want to buy more MARA, wonder how long the TSLA news propels BTC. Do I jump in and DCA down or wait a bit for the inevitable pullback :jbhmm: if it runs too long, a pullback might still be above current level

Mac Milli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm all in for everything. Jumped on GME, took my profits. Jumped on crypto wave this week, taking my profits. If they gonna push a new wave every few week, I'm gonna ride it. Probably risky, but fukk it :yeshrug: