Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I sold 4 shares of Eth when it dipped to $1000.:mjcry: Do y’all think it’s too late to jump back in? I can only afford one now.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
oh I know that much.
I deleted half of my post, I'll re-add it so it has more context.
I'm trying to get someone dear to me to "See the light" so to speak but she's
more concerned with "now" than necessarily something far off in the future.
I see. I have a problem wit hthat myself tbh. Maybe you should frame it as asking her (and everyone else) about what they picture their life in older age to be, get them to describe it in very vivid detail. Then ask them how do they plan on paying for that? Do they intend to work until they croak? Questions like that

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh I know that much.
I deleted half of my post, I'll re-add it so it has more context.
I'm trying to get someone dear to me to "See the light" so to speak but she's
more concerned with "now" than necessarily something far off in the future.

honestly this is just not for everyone. Just shoot your shot show your results show them an investment calculator. Other than that it’s nothing you can do. People have free will.

i mean I was hard headed myself I used to think that investing in the tsp was all I needed to do to set myself up for the future...I was wrong. I didn’t even want to take control of my own investments and thought playing it safe was good. But that was off of my own free will. I woke up eventually albeit late.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
MARA ended up $4 more AH. Just opened another account and want to buy more MARA, wonder how long the TSLA news propels BTC. Do I jump in and DCA down or wait a bit for the inevitable pullback :jbhmm: if it runs too long, a pullback might still be above current level
I think riot/mara are good option swing candidates. When the pull back happens I'm grabbing calls for 90 days out

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Anyone else kinda struggled with trying to convinced family, friends or significant others
that there are relatively "safe" ways to get into the market that don't necessarily involving
hedging bets on stocks ?

Trieds tellin' my ol' lady that she could save more from her weekly paychecks into the company
401k by going over her expenses and eliminating what's to expensive or cutting down on certain
habits.
When I told her she spent to much money on weed, she said I was "assassinating her character".

I've fought the weed battle with women and friends and lost it every time. Fast forward 5 years later everybody wanna borrow 20 dollars. :francis:

I figure it's just too late to save them.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I sold 4 shares of Eth when it dipped to $1000.:mjcry: Do y’all think it’s too late to jump back in? I can only afford one now.

if you aren't comfortable buying it cuz it's too expensive then you can just buy XNET. it's a crypto related stock. :manny:

or look to get into RIOT/MARA when there is a little dip. i feel confident both will eventually blow past $50, $75, and then $100. I mean sky really is the limit because BTC will take them there.

and then when you make enough $ you can buy the actual coins and just hold forever.

Last edited:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Between crypto and stocks, this sh*t is brazy :dwillhuh:

main-qimg-f79673e9d0c59a62da3204a56df5e61d

:takedat:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you ever legit feel the need to ask the question "is it too late?" Deep down you know you missed the opportunity and you're looking for someone else to tell you to do something you know is questionable at best. If you're gonna make a questionable move at the very least you should go into it knowing its not the best idea and being ok with the results that might not favor you.

People who feel that way never ask "is it too late?" The market is all about having conviction in what you're doing. If you lack conviction in your moves it will almost never end well.

Investing is having the peace of mind to stay calm when everyone around you is panicking because you know you made the right choice. When everyone else calms down they'll see it too. At the same time it's being able to see when you made the wrong choice and knowing when to get out. If conviction or fundamentals aren't guiding your decision then you're one of the people panicking and you aren't investing just gambling.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For IPOE do yall wager that this $23-$24 range will remain the new bottom?

I have 290 @ $19 and just been chillin to see if it would dip any these past couple weeks

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Anyone else kinda struggled with trying to convinced family, friends or significant others
that there are relatively "safe" ways to get into the market that don't necessarily involving
hedging bets on stocks ?

Trieds tellin' my ol' lady that she could save more from her weekly paychecks into the company
401k by going over her expenses and eliminating what's to expensive or cutting down on certain
habits.
When I told her she spent to much money on weed, she said I was "assassinating her character".
First off, good on you breh for trying to put them up on investing.

I’ve been able to help some people I care about open up ROTH’s for the first time. They’re off to great starts with this bull market we’re in, and it’s helped to motivate them to want to save more (although I remind them that the market doesn’t always give these type of returns and show them what the S&P has returned historically).

Not every friend is going to kick the weed habit or be more ambitious instead of being content with their part time job, but there’s not many better gifts you can give to your homies than educating them on investing (in a responsible manner)