Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
reminder that riot/mara would still be the best play for most ppl to make imo. i don't like the volatility so i'm makin an all crypto related account and putting it aside and out of sight :russ:

you know what that's smart thats the reason I've been keeping it so low in my M1 pie I can deal with the volatility at 10% but at 20% it was too much.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
reminder that riot/mara would still be the best play for most ppl to make imo. i don't like the volatility so i'm makin an all crypto related account and putting it aside and out of sight :russ:
Why not just straight up buy BTC and ETH?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why not just straight up buy BTC and ETH?

ETH yes that seems good value right now to me.. BTC, i feel you aren't getting the same return by buying it directly unless u got in early but the jury still out on that. Here's one write up on Motley that i can see where they are coming from.. with MARA/riot u aren't takin on the same risk and u can set your # of shares easier and set your triggers to navigate how u see fit..

Finally -- and who couldn't see this twist of fate coming? -- I believe buying bitcoin directly on cryptocurrency exchanges is a bad idea.

Last week, I laid out the case for why ancillary bitcoin stocks are much smarter and safer ways to play the euphoria surrounding the largest digital token in the world. I also maintained my stance that bitcoin is the most dangerous investment of 2021.

Though bitcoin enthusiasts won't admit it, their digital gold mine is full of potential flaws. For example, it's fueled by the idea of false scarcity. For now, code limits bitcoin to 21 million tokens. However, community consensus has the potential to increase this token count. With so many investors "HODL-ing" their bitcoin and refusing to spend it, the only way for bitcoin to obtain utility is through a big increase in its circulating supply.

Bitcoin lacks game-changing utility. It's seeing plenty of daily trade volume as day traders and computer trading programs dice in and out of the highly volatile cryptocurrency. But only 2,300 businesses in the U.S. accept bitcoin as a form of payment. That's out of approximately 7.7 million businesses with at least one employee.

Bitcoin isn't unique. There were more than 10,000 blockchain companies established in China last year alone. With essentially no barrier to entry in developing blockchain, there are no guarantees that this next-generation technology will even need bitcoin or crypto tokens to transform payment processing or supply chains.

I suggest avoiding direct investments in bitcoin. Instead, buy the ancillary businesses that benefit no matter what happens to the world's largest cryptocurrency.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you doing mental stops... meaning once it hits $4.50 - you then sell your calls?
I set tight stops because I do options. If it was commons I would have more mental stops and alerts. If you don't have stops on options, you will lose money. A lot of people tend to rely on "hope" and that usually never works.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
I bought mstr over bitcoin because I can do it in a tax free sheltered account.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
ETH yes that seems good value right now to me.. BTC, i feel you aren't getting the same return by buying it directly unless u got in early but the jury still out on that. Here's one write up on Motley that i can see where they are coming from.. with MARA/riot u aren't takin on the same risk and u can set your # of shares easier and set your triggers to navigate how u see fit..

Finally -- and who couldn't see this twist of fate coming? -- I believe buying bitcoin directly on cryptocurrency exchanges is a bad idea.

Last week, I laid out the case for why ancillary bitcoin stocks are much smarter and safer ways to play the euphoria surrounding the largest digital token in the world. I also maintained my stance that bitcoin is the most dangerous investment of 2021.

Though bitcoin enthusiasts won't admit it, their digital gold mine is full of potential flaws. For example, it's fueled by the idea of false scarcity. For now, code limits bitcoin to 21 million tokens. However, community consensus has the potential to increase this token count. With so many investors "HODL-ing" their bitcoin and refusing to spend it, the only way for bitcoin to obtain utility is through a big increase in its circulating supply.

Bitcoin lacks game-changing utility. It's seeing plenty of daily trade volume as day traders and computer trading programs dice in and out of the highly volatile cryptocurrency. But only 2,300 businesses in the U.S. accept bitcoin as a form of payment. That's out of approximately 7.7 million businesses with at least one employee.

Bitcoin isn't unique. There were more than 10,000 blockchain companies established in China last year alone. With essentially no barrier to entry in developing blockchain, there are no guarantees that this next-generation technology will even need bitcoin or crypto tokens to transform payment processing or supply chains.

I suggest avoiding direct investments in bitcoin. Instead, buy the ancillary businesses that benefit no matter what happens to the world's largest cryptocurrency.

i own more ETH than BTC but this criticism is wack and feels like it's written by someone who knows nothing about crypto. there is 0% chance that a majority of miners agree to raise the supply. the 21 million limit is the most important driver of its value. and how is buying RIOT better than directly investing in BTC? their value is directly derived from mining bitcoin, and the only way they can make money is through buying incredibly large quantities of hardware that will be obsolete within a year. there are other risks too... what are these companies gonna do if proof-of-work mining becomes obsolete and we move to proof of stake like ETH is? worse is that any company can get into the bitcoin mining game easily, it's not like any of the technology is proprietary. these mining companies gonna have a lot of competition in the future, and it's not clear that they are the ones who'll survive. long-term, i'd rather bet on BTC itself, which at this point is a proven store of value, than any individual company.