Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
No. You'll regret it. I'm riding these 135 coins until the wheels fall off:russ:
Are you in on BTC? If not, why?

I've seen people post about other coins but why do people decide to go with the non market leader? I don't know enough to answer that question. But sometimes it to me (an uninformed outsider) people just can't afford BTC so they just try their luck with something else

Daps
Reppin
NYC

I've seen people post about other coins but why do people decide to go with the non market leader? I don't know enough to answer that question. But sometimes it to me (an uninformed outsider) people just can't afford BTC so they just try their luck with something else

I'm in both ETH and BTC

I also have a little LTC and LINK but vast majority in ETH and BTC.

Regardless of what other coins you decide to play in, I think you should always have some BTC.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This speech is amazing

Most of the YouTube financial gurus aren’t talking like this. They give you a disclaimer that they aren’t financial advisors and don’t follow their financial moves then try to sell you courses and access to their financial moves.

Peter Lynch: “If you don’t understand a company don’t buy the stock.” “If you can’t explain to a 10 year older in 2 minutes why you’re buying the stock don’t buy it.” “Most people if you press them on why they own a stock they’ll tell you the sucker is going up.”

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica

There are reasons to go with Ether, as it's not really the same thing as BTC. If you believe DeFi (decentralized finance) will be a thing, then Ethereum is probably the platform for that. Blockchain technology has more uses than just being a store of value like Bitcoin. Google 'ethereum tokenization' if you're interested.

Personally I hold BTC and Ether both as I think both have amazing upside and will co-exist as part of the broader blockchain ecosystem.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This speech is amazing

Most of the YouTube financial gurus aren’t talking like this. They give you a disclaimer that they aren’t financial advisors and don’t follow their financial moves then try to sell you courses and access to their financial moves.

Peter Lynch: “If you don’t understand a company don’t buy the stock.” “If you can’t explain to a 10 year older in 2 minutes why you’re buying the stock don’t buy it.” “Most people if you press them on why they own a stock they’ll tell you the sucker is going up.”

I don't really buy that. Some people just aren't good communicators. That doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't really buy that. Some people just aren't good communicators. That doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing.
If you knew what you were doing you could explain to anyone that it’s a sound business in a great position to have a lot of success.

What Lynch is getting at is a lot of people just get a stock ticker, are told it’s gonna go up, from there they jump into the position and don’t fully understand the business behind the ticker. They can’t explain why they bought the stock past saying they think it’s gonna rise.

Bullish thesis it’s called.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So is anyone doing something or investing in something different this year that they didn’t last year? I’m debating rather I should invest in riot or gbtc as opposed to just purchasing straight btc.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
ethereum touched $1000 yall :blessed:

if yall didn't buy cryptos it's ok. RIOT going ham prolly all year long :noah:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
So is anyone doing something or investing in something different this year that they didn’t last year? I’m debating rather I should invest in riot or gbtc as opposed to just purchasing straight btc.

Invest every penny i got
keep the longs
have cash ready
less than 5% on penny stocks

i'm a simple nikka. :manny:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
i missed on RIOT. If i were to cop some i'd be setting my stop losses lol

upside is $60-$70 for RIOT by the mid term breh. that's disgusting. :ohlawd:

RIOT/MARA really go ham if BTC bull train continues.

If BTC gets to 50k by end of the year they are saying RIOT would get to $100. :whew:

it's gonna be a roller coaster for sure, so stop loss don't make sense. it's not for the weak cuz it only takes some random SEC lawsuit against bitcoin to burst the bubble. i mean just look at how ripple crashed. i doubt it will happen to btc tho. there are too many big money in on this.

since bitcoin ain't going nowhere both RIOT/MARA actually a nice long term spec stock. i would just DCA and be prepare for a serious up and down action.