Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Y'all gonna get burned following all of arks moves... they are super early on some stocks but others don't do anything.

The safest bet is to just have the ark etfs it eliminates the volatility and it's still high growth.

You don't wanna be in the company that drops 50% overnight. It happens more than you think.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
My Breh is on board with Starlink if it goes public.

Says its a day 1 cop.

Thats the type of shyt I want to invest in going forward truly disruptive and game changing shyt.

Going into 2021, going to continue to consolidate.

Long term:
TSLA
SQ
LMND
Starlink(if it goes public)
Clover health

&
ARK series.....

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Looking at positions to cut and I think I’m gonna sell MSFT and Uber to grow my positions in BYND, TTCF, PINS, ARKG, LMND or CRWD.

Once some of my dividend stocks like INTC, T, VIAC and PRU recover closer to their 52 week high I’ll sell those as well.
Why dump Microsoft?

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
My Breh is on board with Starlink if it goes public.

Says its a day 1 cop.

Thats the type of shyt I want to invest in going forward truly disruptive and game changing shyt.

Going into 2021, going to continue to consolidate.

Long term:
TSLA
SQ
LMND
Starlink(if it goes public)
Clover health

&
ARK series.....
Elon said we will be waiting. a bit for StarLink. Maybe 3 years

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Why dump Microsoft?
I dumped it months back to be more aggressive (used the $ for SPACS). It's more of a mature large cap at this state. Great hold for the hands off passive investor though.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
I thought about it and I'm not selling any of those positions. I'll just focus my efforts going forward on growth stocks. One thing I've learned in this market is when you sell early you lose.

I had NIO when it was $5-$8 a share like 100 shares and sold it for no profit.
I had AMD when it was $19-20. When I first started my portfolio it was one of my first buys. Sold it I wanna say closer to $30.
Had Nvidia and sold it for no real gain. It was in the $160 range.
Had Charter for $300 and sold it in the high $390s I believe.
Had Walmart at $100 sold for no real gains.
I had Zillow I think in the $30 range Sold it in the $40s
I bought Fiver when it went IPO. Dumped it because it didn't pop early for a slight loss.
Had a share of Amazon for $1600 and sold for a few hundred in profit.
I had JD in the $20s sold in the $30s.
I had Spotify in the $120s also sold it around there. I really believed in them I don't even remember why I sold.
Netflix closer to $300.
Google $1200.
Footlocker in the mid $20s sold in the $30s after they cut the dividend.

All those positions if I just held onto them many have more than doubled. My first year I was buying and selling like crazy.

You can limit some downside risk by selling covered calls on your shares (if you have more than 100 shares). For example, I grabbed 200 shares of JMIA a while back and have not sold a single one, but I have already made back 60% of my cost basis by selling out of the money calls. That makes me feel better about holding them longer. That said, selling calls is dangerous with very volatile stocks and does require more of your attention than just holding stocks.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
It's $220 in BTC for $30 or so invested. SoFi gave me a free offer and I put in $20. They gave me $25. The next week I added $10 from a dividend payment and from that point on I just forgot about it. My original plan was to add at least a little money every week even if it was just $5 or $10.

This video has me rethinking about my Tesla strategy. My cost basis in in the $380 range so buying more seems unappealing but if this is a company that will obviously continue to improve over time why not buy more? I'm thinking I should DCA into it with a set amount every week or 2.

It took me like a year and a half of investing to reach the point where I stop paying so much attention to the share price. My first year if a stock fell I sold. Part of the reason I sold out of Tesla pre stock split. Just looked it up on Fidelity and the cost basis was $295. I sold out @ $254. Part of it was I was investing money I had other plans for. Now that invested money isn't that.

for some reason i thought you had a lot more invested in BTC.

i think it takes most ppl a year or two to internalize what chicken is explaining. i only wanted to DCA down but now i buy up or down. as long as i believe in the company and it has room to grow then i buy. Disney and Apple has run up like crazy but i'm still buying and will continue to buy because i like their future.

the only time i worry about the share price of a stock is if it's a dividend stock. with those i like to buy on pullbacks or when it's at a support level/bottom since you typically don't make much from capitals gains if bought near or at the top.

Why dump Microsoft?

i'm just looking to consolidate my portfolio. my reasoning is i like apple over microsoft and i'm going to continue to buy apple consistently. i believe apple's future has more room for growth (watch, airpods, tablet, computers, fitness, medical, music + tv + newspaper subscription, smart house integration, possibly EV) so want to just put that money into apple. plus i also have salesforce which is microsoft's biggest competitor in the customer relations management field and think salesforce will capture more market share down the road once they fully integrate the companies they bought. it's just a thought. i might not even sell. i sold NKE and HD to invest in LMND and so far it's paying off which has me thinking of doing the same with some of my other stocks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
for some reason i thought you had a lot more invested in BTC.

i think it takes most ppl a year or two to internalize what chicken is explaining. i only wanted to DCA down but now i buy up or down. as long as i believe in the company and it has room to grow then i buy. Disney and Apple has run up like crazy but i'm still buying and will continue to buy because i like their future.

the only time i worry about the share price of a stock is if it's a dividend stock. with those i like to buy on pullbacks or when it's at a support level/bottom since you typically don't make much from capitals gains if bought near or at the top.

i'm just looking to consolidate my portfolio. my reasoning is i like apple over microsoft and i'm going to continue to buy apple consistently. i believe apple's future has more room for growth (watch, airpods, tablet, computers, fitness, medical, music + tv + newspaper subscription, smart house integration, possibly EV) so want to just put that money into apple. plus i also have salesforce which is microsoft's biggest competitor in the customer relations management field and think salesforce will capture more market share down the road once they fully integrate the companies they bought. it's just a thought. i might not even sell. i sold NKE and HD to invest in LMND and so far it's paying off which has me thinking of doing the same with some of my other stocks.
Microsoft returned 42.5% in 2020 Salesforce returned 36.8%. I just don't really think one can go wrong owning Microsoft but yeah owning them and Salesforce is kinda redundant.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I stand corrected then in that case...apologies @mr. smoke weed :cool:

*edit*

this is inaccurate just checked...they didn’t sell PACB...at least not on that date...I deleted email for the previous dates tho
Word.........regardless BNGO may not be a bad buy even at $4 :yeshrug: financials aren't terrible.

Plus there's like 50 new YTer stock videos on it since market close. With so much volume on Thursday, people are likely buying in at that $2.90-3.05 range, probably looking to hold. In my humble entertaining opinion.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Anyone else holding QQQ thinking about rolling over to QQQM? Same portfolio, lower expense ratio - .15 vs .2 for QQQ, but less liquidity/trading volume. I’m wondering if the lower trading volume will suppress returns? Seems people who are buy and hold investors would/should move into QQQM while traders keep QQQ? Need to know what I’m missing in considering rolling my QQQ into QQQM

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Bitcoin 33k :picard:

4f41a088cc2d38be0dc0bf777fdadd861d28c8e5_hq.gif