Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I thought about it and I'm not selling any of those positions. I'll just focus my efforts going forward on growth stocks. One thing I've learned in this market is when you sell early you lose.

I had NIO when it was $5-$8 a share like 100 shares and sold it for no profit.
I had AMD when it was $19-20. When I first started my portfolio it was one of my first buys. Sold it I wanna say closer to $30.
Had Nvidia and sold it for no real gain. It was in the $160 range.
Had Charter for $300 and sold it in the high $390s I believe.
Had Walmart at $100 sold for no real gains.
I had Zillow I think in the $30 range Sold it in the $40s
I bought Fiver when it went IPO. Dumped it because it didn't pop early for a slight loss.
Had a share of Amazon for $1600 and sold for a few hundred in profit.
I had JD in the $20s sold in the $30s.
I had Spotify in the $120s also sold it around there. I really believed in them I don't even remember why I sold.
Netflix closer to $300.
Google $1200.
Footlocker in the mid $20s sold in the $30s after they cut the dividend.

All those positions if I just held onto them many have more than doubled. My first year I was buying and selling like crazy.

Live and learn. If the company has great fundamentals and management then just hold because stocks only go up. If anything you should cut INTC to reinvest but just my two cents. I hope you don’t sell BTC too. That would be another regret.

Notley

Pro
Daps
no disrespect but is this just hearsay from stocktwit...every night I look up what the different ARKs bought and sold and sincerely do not recall PACB being sold...off the bat I do remember CRSP and TWST being sold as has been the case for a while now but not PACB...I could be wrong and will check again but I honestly don’t remember seeing them sell any shares

On December 31, ARK sold 48,000 shares of PACB. I cannot speak about any other day.

This was about 1.5% of their PACB holding.

PACB is still the 10th highest weighted stock across Ark's ports.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On December 31, ARK sold 48,000 shares of PACB. I cannot speak about any other day.

I stand corrected then in that case...apologies @mr. smoke weed :cool:

*edit*

this is inaccurate just checked...they didn’t sell PACB...at least not on that date...I deleted email for the previous dates tho

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Live and learn. If the company has great fundamentals and management then just hold because stocks only go up. If anything you should cut INTC to reinvest but just my two cents. I hope you don’t sell BTC too. That would be another regret.
It's $220 in BTC for $30 or so invested. SoFi gave me a free offer and I put in $20. They gave me $25. The next week I added $10 from a dividend payment and from that point on I just forgot about it. My original plan was to add at least a little money every week even if it was just $5 or $10.

This video has me rethinking about my Tesla strategy. My cost basis in in the $380 range so buying more seems unappealing but if this is a company that will obviously continue to improve over time why not buy more? I'm thinking I should DCA into it with a set amount every week or 2.

It took me like a year and a half of investing to reach the point where I stop paying so much attention to the share price. My first year if a stock fell I sold. Part of the reason I sold out of Tesla pre stock split. Just looked it up on Fidelity and the cost basis was $295. I sold out @ $254. Part of it was I was investing money I had other plans for. Now that invested money isn't that.

Notley

Pro
Daps
Where do you see that?

I signed up for a service that provides a daily update for all of Ark's activities. It tracks by the day and the week: lucidtracking.com

It is much easier to use than the PDF emails that I get from Ark. They take those updates and make them much more user friendly.

To me, it is definitely worth the cost.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I signed up for a service that provides a daily update for all of Ark's activities. It tracks by the day and the week: lucidtracking

It is much easier to use than the PDF emails that I get from Ark. They take those updates and make them much more user friendly.

me too and I just checked...and they did not sell PACB on 12/31/20

they only sold TSLA (ARKK/ARKW)

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I signed up for a service that provides a daily update for all of Ark's activities. It tracks by the day and the week: lucidtracking

I don't see any PACB dumps on Combined Ark Invest ETF Trades

Is that shyt inaccurate? I'll delete the bookmark if so :hhh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't see any PACB dumps on Combined Ark Invest ETF Trades

Is that shyt inaccurate?

it’s not...I really didn’t remember PACB being sold...it would’ve stood out to me if it did...I just checked the date he said and PACB was not sold on that day...the email notifications I get are directly from ARK...I signed up for it when I saw someone in here post it a while ago...I want to say it was @Serious

as a matter of fact I will bookmark that site as well since I don’t always keep the emails...it is good tho for me to sometimes go back and look/refresh my memory

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I signed up for a service that provides a daily update for all of Ark's activities. It tracks by the day and the week: lucidtracking.com

I love how all these sites have propped up to monetize, ARK positions. :pachaha:

I fukk with ARK but fandom is never the way to go, because at the end of the trading is mainly psychological.

Everyone can't be playing the same game. If everyone is moving one way, the money is in doing the opposite.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i did look at their website, it’s what made me hungry. Just don’t think they deliver to Canada yet. Which also means they got some extra room for growth.

As for price, FE said their website is more expensive then in stores.

Yeah because they have to fill small orders. It's worth it for them to do it but not one item at a time and not at wholesale prices.

Imma cop some Buffalo cauliflower and some pizza, maybe a few smoothies

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

They sell Tesla all the time but maintain a huge holding across 4 of their ETFs. It's usually for balancing purposes.

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at positions to cut and I think I’m gonna sell MSFT and Uber to grow my positions in BYND, TTCF, PINS, ARKG, LMND or CRWD.

Once some of my dividend stocks like INTC, T, VIAC and PRU recover closer to their 52 week high I’ll sell those as well.
I'm also bullish on BYND, PINS, & LMND. But I'm definitely hanging onto my MSFT for long run.