Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm trying to figure this shyt out too by using the Roku example.

Screenshot-20200826-220205-Chrome.jpg

So if I buy this put option I will own it in two days and hopefully I will be able to sell it at $163 or more?

Or worst case scenario the Roku stock will be trading at less than $140 a share and I will own a hundred shares at $144?

I'm probably but you're in the terminology and all of this explanation. Hopefully someone can correct me and show me what I'm missing.

But what it seems like is that if the Roku stock is trading at $160 a share and I bought a bunch of discount shares at $144 I could turn a quick profit pretty easily in two days.

I think....

You need to SELL Puts. But only for a stock you wouldn't mind owning.... at discount(strike price). Remember x100 shares. Which is why have capital/margin is must.. Maybe this video is better

:whew: thank gawd I have bs and ms in math related fields. I can see how this shyt could be confusing :mindblown:

Damn the jelly i need for not doing this shyt years ago

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
he also mentioned then doing covered calls... it is a "wheel " strategy :wow: ... if its true blue chip... it is straight money....

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
beng beng:mjgrin:

I have to call schwab too. Hence trying webull route. I hate calling ppl and filling out forms. Lol But doomsday said webull may not be good :to:

:mjlol: I didn't have to call to get options privilege's for TD or Schwab. I've had full privileges since day 1.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
You need to SELL Puts. But only for a stock you wouldn't mind owning.... at discount(strike price). Remember x100 shares. Which is why have capital/margin is must.. Maybe this video is better

:whew: thank gawd I have bs and ms in math related fields. I can see how this shyt could be confusing :mindblown:

Damn the jelly i need for not doing this shyt years ago

Good shyt. I'll be reading up on this

:mjlol:@gabbo NO! You SELL the put, not BUY it!

:mjlol: That's what the video is about.

I'll do whatever the hell I want with it :birdman:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
shyt is just confusing compared to the video using td. I need my hand held on this shyt :dame:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This strategy makes sense to me. :manny:

1. Given the current market environment (Strongly trending bullish market), if you are interested in the stock, buying the stock outright will outperform selling puts. AFAIK, selling puts is an ideal strategy when price is moving sideways, not when it is moving up/down.
  2. What is your return on investment/opportunity cost? He gives an example of selling $109 puts on ROKU for $183 in profit. That is $10,900 tied up for $183 in profits or 1.6% in returns. That same $10,900 could've been invested in the Nasdaq which was up 2% and outperformed this strategy in a day with more diversification and less risk.
  3. He is talking about the stock being a steal if it goes lower and the short call is exercised, but he is presuming the stock won't continue heading lower. Being assigned a stock that is in a freefall is the definition of trying to catch a falling knife.

Somewhat related but any online personalities using RobinHood as their broker shouldn't be trusted for in-depth option strategy discussion. I would recommend you look for well reviewed Options Books on Amazon instead of YouTubers.