Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:mjlol: @Macallik86 which is why I said selling puts on blue chips like WEN and MCD, which are frequent sideways moving stocks.

:mjlol: If done right, selling puts on the rights stocks can give you consistent monthly income equivalent to working a job. I know this from personal experience.
I'm going be honest with, if y'all....

Search Doomsday's post history in this thread, then take note of all the gems this cat drops.

Dude is very straight to the point, but if you follow exactly what he says you'll eat quicker and fatter than better than Jeremy from FE. :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
LCA might catch a stray but it shouldn't. I still don't think some people are understanding that sports gambling is only 5-10% of LCA's business.

LCA is 90% gaming... their profit is in virtual dealers and slots and shyt like that. Like I said, it could catch a stray if some people don't understand what the stock is but either way it should be fine.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
A huge reason why FB is underrated is because they legit have one of the best financials.

In the age of growth stocks, their P/E ratios, aren't insane. They're actually right in line where they should. A product that everyone is using right now daily like Zoom, has a P/E ratio of 1,222 % :mjlol:

Their cash to debt ratio is piff: 51 Billion(CA$H) to 11 billion(debt).

They spend about 4-4.5 billion a quarter on r&d.

I could go on & on.

But anyone investing heavy in FB, should be able to sleep good at night.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
@Serious you over here pumping all these Indian stocks yet I don't remember hearing about this one. :francis:

Penny Stock Boom Sparks 4,300% Gain in Indian Firm With No Sales
:ehh: Well I'm looking for an India ETF this weekend.

That market is about to explode. They have a slept on rising middle class, with money to blow.

Brehs & Brehettes please consider exposing yourself to some Chinese ETF.....

These are mine:
chiq
Kure
MCHI

Not doing so is straight up pouring jelly on yourself.
full
full
full
full
full
full

Stop doing that :damn:

A little research goes a long way. But hey:

:ahh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A huge reason why FB is underrated is because they legit have one of the best financials.

In the age of growth stocks, their P/E ratios, aren't insane. They're actually right in line where they should. A product that everyone is using right now daily like Zoom, has a P/E ratio of 1,222 % :mjlol:

Their cash to debt ratio is piff: 51 Billion(CA$H) to 11 billion(debt).

They spend about 4-4.5 billion a quarter on r&d.

I could go on & on.

But anyone investing heavy in FB, should be able to sleep good at night.
The whole Apple letting people opt out of advertising tracking might hurt them.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:ehh: Well I'm looking for an India ETF this weekend.

That market is about to explode. They have a slept on rising middle class, with money to blow.

Brehs & Brehettes please consider exposing yourself to some Chinese ETF.....

These are mine:
chiq
Kure
MCHI

Not doing so is straight up pouring jelly on yourself.
full
full
full
full
full
full

Stop doing that :damn:

A little research goes a long way. But hey:

:ahh:

the expense ratios on these :mjtf: but I do need to diversify my portfolio :patrice:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
  1. Given the current market environment (Strongly trending bullish market), if you are interested in the stock, buying the stock outright will outperform selling puts. AFAIK, selling puts is an ideal strategy when price is moving sideways, not when it is moving up/down.
  2. What is your return on investment/opportunity cost? He gives an example of selling $109 puts on ROKU for $183 in profit. That is $10,900 tied up for $183 in profits or 1.6% in returns. That same $10,900 could've been invested in the Nasdaq which was up 2% and outperformed this strategy in a day with more diversification and less risk.
  3. He is talking about the stock being a steal if it goes lower and the short call is exercised, but he is presuming the stock won't continue heading lower. Being assigned a stock that is in a freefall is the definition of trying to catch a falling knife.
Somewhat related but any online personalities using RobinHood as their broker shouldn't be trusted for in-depth option strategy discussion. I would recommend you look for well reviewed Options Books on Amazon instead of YouTubers.

Point #1 is enough to make me fall back on options.