Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Full 5G will be huge for them. Their other sectors are growing, they are starting up shyt like Apple health now to likely compete with Peloton, they are branching into a lot of different things and they have more than enough money to do it.
5G been priced into a lot of stocks betting on 5G, how does Apple health compete with peloton - are they releasing exercise equipment?

no doubt they have money, but a lot of their new products have low adoption, their google home thing, their watch is niche, phone sales down due to people keeping phones longer...like I said, their run up isn’t based on fundamentals, simply their cash on hand and previous glory days

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The thing with Apple is that their ecosystem is so huge that they got money coming in from different directions. You got families that have iphones for everyone, the Apple watch, those ear buds, even the ipad, and maybe even a macbook or mac. And I bet a lot of Apple users update their phones yearly when the new model comes out. They'd rather spend 1k on a phone yearly than use that money to buy Apple stock and update the next year. Plus they got the apple tv thing that just started out too and who knows what else new tech they might come up with.
This isn’t true at all, outside a small hardcore subset of super fans, phone upgrade cycles across all manufacturers has lengthened

as for Apple TV, we’ll see. We’re already in a phase of subscription fatigue, not sure how many people adopt Apple TV if they already have Netflix, Disney plus, Hulu, sling, YouTube tv, and/or hbo max, etc

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The TSLA calls I bought last Wednesday literally gave me enough gains to buy a new a Tesla car.

Not bad for 9 days.

But I STILL think it's a bubble.
Don't bet your whole life savings on this.

I just took most of my TSLA call money and put it into SPY leap calls for March 2022. I figure, if TSLA joins the S&P 500 and drives it up, I'll still benefit.
:wow: i wish had more experience with options

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
5G been priced into a lot of stocks betting on 5G, how does Apple health compete with peloton - are they releasing exercise equipment?

They'll start off with a subscription and go from there. Also, the fact is when Apple splits it's going to be around $125/share which is more attractive to retail investors. IT doesn't have to change the fundamentals, it's opening the door for people who looked at the $400 price tag and said 'i'm good'.

Yes, there are fractional shares but on RH you need to go through approval, many other brokers don't have them and also people would rather own full shares of some companies

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This isn’t true at all, outside a small hardcore subset of super fans, phone upgrade cycles across all manufacturers has lengthened

as for Apple TV, we’ll see. We’re already in a phase of subscription fatigue, not sure how many people adopt Apple TV if they already have Netflix, Disney plus, Hulu, sling, YouTube tv, and/or hbo max, etc
Yeah you right about that. Not worth constantly upgrading anyways. I don't know about IPhone but it seems like phone manufacturers slow the phone down after time to get people to upgrade. My phone definitely has lost some speed and memory.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Real question is, who's buying this shyt. :what:

I thot americans were broke. How the hell do people have so much money to buy a stock that costs as much as rent?

Because none of this affected the middle class. The unemployment rate for the middle class is still 6%. It's people who were already struggling who are struggling even more now. Retail jobs, restaurants, bars, etc.. people working part time, people who have 2-3 jobs.. they are all struggling more.

The middle class either didn't lose their job or did but sat home collecting a +$600 a week on top of their unemployment and I'd guess a lot of the people saved the money.

The people who were blowing their $600 weekly are the kind of people who have always chose to party over work.