Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I gave in and bought this this morning:
TSLA Sep 11 '20 $1490 Call

It was still out of the money when I bought it, now its up 39% in a few hours.
But I don't feel so good about it. I don't really think the stock should be over 1500, that's crazy. I'll probably get rid of it before the actual split.

The TSLA calls I bought last Wednesday literally gave me enough gains to buy a new a Tesla car.

Not bad for 9 days.

But I STILL think it's a bubble.
Don't bet your whole life savings on this.

I just took most of my TSLA call money and put it into SPY leap calls for March 2022. I figure, if TSLA joins the S&P 500 and drives it up, I'll still benefit.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
The TSLA calls I bought last Wednesday literally gave me enough gains to buy a new a Tesla car.

Not bad for 9 days.

But I STILL think it's a bubble.
Don't bet your whole life savings on this.

I just took most of my TSLA call money and put it into SPY leap calls for March 2022. I figure, if TSLA joins the S&P 500 and drives it up, I'll still benefit.
Massive W right here

What was the cost for the September call?
Considering october calls

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I gave in and bought this this morning:
TSLA Sep 11 '20 $1490 Call

It was still out of the money when I bought it, now its up 39% in a few hours.
But I don't feel so good about it. I don't really think the stock should be over 1500, that's crazy. I'll probably get rid of it before the actual split.

What broker do you use?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Its not worth the risk to me. I'm glad y'all eating well and hope it keeps up but the valuations are way too high for me. Large caps aren't supposed to 3-6x in a year. Apple hasn't expanded earnings to meet the new valuations. It's basically that you're paying 2x for the same earning power that you had a year ago. Right now growth is just priced based on multiple expansion and I don't like that. Tesla is acting just like Bitcoin in my mind and thats a red flag. Not sure how TSLA is going to join the s&p with its crazy ass volatility. Then again this is an unprecedented time and its very likely that the momentum isn't going to stop anytime soon. Just not worth the ride for me personally.

Oh and Tesla has a gap to fill between 1200-1300 :lolbron:
I agree on Apple, not sure how their business fundamentals back up this run up, I get their pivot to services has been working, but they’re still a hardware and retail company and neither of those are are growing to match their valuation.

But Tesla, I honestly don’t think people even know how to value it, it’s running on sentiment. But so is pretty much all of tech outside of the MSFT, nvda, goog and amzn

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree on Apple, not sure how their business fundamentals back up this run up, I get their pivot to services has been working, but they’re still a hardware and retail company and neither of those are are growing to match their valuation.

Full 5G will be huge for them. Their other sectors are growing, they are starting up shyt like Apple health now to likely compete with Peloton, they are branching into a lot of different things and they have more than enough money to do it.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

But Tesla, I honestly don’t think people even know how to value it, it’s running on sentiment. But so is pretty much all of tech outside of the MSFT, nvda, goog and amzn
The thing with Apple is that their ecosystem is so huge that they got money coming in from different directions. You got families that have iphones for everyone, the Apple watch, those ear buds, even the ipad, and maybe even a macbook or mac. And I bet a lot of Apple users update their phones yearly when the new model comes out. They'd rather spend 1k on a phone yearly than use that money to buy Apple stock and update the next year. Plus they got the apple tv thing that just started out too and who knows what else new tech they might come up with.