Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

she kept some..how much i do not know off hand. but i made her sell more than 50%. she actually wanted to buy more today at 12.90 but missed it because shes at work. i think she got in at 8 bucks so shes straight either way but i couldnt sit there and let her not secure profits at that margin given the circumstances. i think i threatened to not talk to her for a month or two if she didnt sell

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m of the quality over quantity mindset as well. Currently I’m only holding AAPL SQ and TSLA. I don’t think I’ll be grabbing any other stocks other than LMND for the long play. To get my diversification later I’ll just get an index fund that either tracks the DOW or S&P. That’s only after I’ve built my positions to my liking.

Sounds like a solid investment strategy. You are in a room full of (profitable) gamblers and so their advice might differ from yours but do what's right for your portfolio/risk strategy,

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
On the one hand, I KNOW its overpriced :hula:On the other hand, I KNOW its going to go up more.

I gave in and bought this this morning:
TSLA Sep 11 '20 $1490 Call

It was still out of the money when I bought it, now its up 39% in a few hours.
But I don't feel so good about it. I don't really think the stock should be over 1500, that's crazy. I'll probably get rid of it before the actual split.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’m of the quality over quantity mindset as well. Currently I’m only holding AAPL SQ and TSLA. I don’t think I’ll be grabbing any other stocks other than LMND for the long play. To get my diversification later I’ll just get an index fund that either tracks the DOW or S&P. That’s only after I’ve built my positions to my liking.

Bruh, this is excellent. I tell anybody starting out to pick 4-5 companies you absolutely love and load up on those. It makes no sense to have 10-15 stocks in your portfolio and only having 2-5 shares of each. You won't see real gains that way because you're spread too thin.

Most young bruhs should simply pick 4 companies and 1 ETF from this list and continue to dump money into them (until you have at least 25-30 of each and then you can add another stock into your rotation) and hold for the next 10 years. I GUARANTEE a nikka will be thanking me (if I'm still on the coli 10 years from now)

Amazon
Tesla
Apple
Microsoft
Facebook
AMD
NVDA
Square
Paypal
ARKK
ARKW
XLK
XLY
FDIS
SPY
VOO
QQQ

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If I have to hear "a stock split doesn't change the value" one more time... these pundits are fukking idiots. Nobody thinks the value has changed.

This opens up the door for more retailers to get involved which in turn would drive up the price. It also opens the door for DOW inclusion and a better possibility of S&P inclusion..

And they are wondering why the stock price is shooting up? :stopitslime:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Spy will be 365 or above by end of September. Ban me for a week if I’m wrong

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
@Serious @Scholar @FabTrey
LMND dropped pretty heavy. is that a secure investment?

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
@Serious @Scholar @FabTrey

LMND dropped pretty heavy. is that a secure investment?

In my opinion, yes. They missed their quarterly earnings projections but I still view it as a solid company with good management. The drop today isn’t nearly as bad as it would’ve been if investors really didn’t have faith in the company. I’m hoping to get in under the $60 mark and load up whenever the opportunity presents itself. I’m going long on it though so I don’t expect much within the next couple years.

Majestic

Daps
In my opinion, yes. They missed their quarterly earnings projections but I still view it as a solid company with good management. The drop today isn’t nearly as bad as it would’ve been if investors really didn’t have faith in the company. I’m hoping to get in under the $60 mark and load up whenever the opportunity presents itself. I’m going long on it though so I don’t expect much within the next couple years.
Good looking out. I need to also check they balance sheet. One other stock on my mind is DKNG but I not too sure about that one tbh. coli loves it tho lol.

Majestic

Daps
Any advice on my portfolio brehs?

Lyft
Tesla
Disney
EPR
Apple
Microsoft
SQ
CPE
IDEX
MARK
TOPS

Potential buys: DKNG (someone convince me), Lemonade

soon to be fukking off: IDEX, CPE, LTYT, MARK (bought this too high, might have to take $700 loss :francis:) and EPR (Not sure about selling this tbh), TOPS (scam stock, its reverse splits cost me money)

@NaijaProdigy Redux