Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I got $100 available and apparently options trading too. But I'm not too sure on that. I think thats when like you gotta predict the future stock price right? I see it for Apple. Be like ok Apple gonna reach $500 by this day, and with my luck it ends at $499. Or am I misunderstanding? Maybe I should just stay away from that. Ain't tryna have to owe webull thousands of dollars. :francis: Do need to figure out what to do with this $100 I used to get that free stock, which was nothing special. I think a few bucks only. Hopefully I can manage to do something with this 100.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I got $100 available and apparently options trading too. But I'm not too sure on that. I think thats when like you gotta predict the future stock price right? I see it for Apple. Be like ok Apple gonna reach $500 by this day, and with my luck it ends at $499. Or am I misunderstanding? Maybe I should just stay away from that. Ain't tryna have to owe webull thousands of dollars. :francis: Do need to figure out what to do with this $100 I used to get that free stock, which was nothing special. I think a few bucks only. Hopefully I can manage to do something with this 100.

you pay a premium on options so in reality it wouldnt be 500 but instead like 535 or whatever the premium was for you to break even..then you can opt to buy 100 shares (per contract) at the call price (500) or close your position. you could also close the position early for a gain or loss

but id just stay away honestly. i had 2 options plays..took an L on one and a W on another. at the very least, read a lot of material on it

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm new to this, this is my second day
Can someone break this down for me?

BtkSaUn.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...and 10k isn't possible?

he was talking about dumping everything/putting it into TSLA

and a “key determinant” for him was a prediction made months before the split

just wanted to point that out to him

anything’s possible tho

Etrade, cmon RH?

ya RH is too bare-bones...outgrew it immediately

was gonna deposit money tomorrow morning but I’m gonna sign up with fidelity now

and see if I like it

Last edited:

Reign X

Pro
Daps
thanks for explaining breh. Are you buying before or after split? also 10k prediction? tell me why I shouldnt just sell all my holdings and dump it all into tesla :mjlol:

I bought previously and then some on Monday before I knew about split.

There’s other good companies, you probably want to put some money in them just in case tesla screws up.

Tesla is volatile too, so you need to be able to see it dive down and leave your stocks alone.