Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i would rather buy JWN. you can swing Macys but i would go long with a company that will survive covid.

good call. Seems like jwn has a better rand name as of now, and Macy’s can be easily replaced and their not as exclusive.

I’m also looking at Nikola now. I might purchase a few shares of them

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Or is it over reaction play on NVAX and INO?:patrice:

definitely. Russia aint gonna provide vaccine for 7billion people. at the end of the day, NVAX got the funding locked and INO will get to the next phase in september. and wouldnt trump want to ave a vaccine ready to go before the election?

i souldve cashed out, but both NVAX and INO are free play for me. so ill just ride it out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
some hyperbole in my statement but a lot of popular stocks were taking hits at the time I wrote that

It's a rotation. Tech has run up so much and most of these value plays were still down 50% or more. So people are moving some money out of tech into value.

But how long will it last is the question because nobody really trusts most of these companies like they trust tech.

With tech the dips are bought up.

With value the dips make people go :hamster:

Why is that? Because they can't be trusted. For every CAKE or RTX which I think will have huge recoveries a lot of others will end up being pumped and dumped most likely.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If anyone is interested I have compiled a list of value stock plays. These are all medium to large cap companies that will likely survive and have a lot of upside. Most are 40-50% off their highs..

Okay so what's the plan. Well, I could continue investing in a few select companies like RTX which I probably will because I want to throw more money at them specifically. But another way you can try to maximize your profits in a more condensed safer play is to make a separate M1 account. You can make this your value stocks portfolio... do not expect big gains in a month. We are looking at 1-2 years down the road. These are all great companies/ETFs and most will likely come back. If one doesn't that's fine you can remove them from your pie if they are faltering.

I'd narrow this down some.. but here's an example I compiled and keep in mind that many of these also have nice dividend returns.

XLF
JETS
CCL
Delta
MGM
JPM
WFC
BA
RTX
BRK.B
WYNN
PLAY
DFS
CVX
WBA
SBUX
T
KO

Here's my post on value a couple weeks back. Most of these have run up nicely.